• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread

Perhaps I am stating the obvious, but a move to get rid of LMA, by itself, makes the Spurs a much worse team for the upcoming season.

I get that they are trying to clear cap space, but unless they use it to successfully bring in someone pretty damn good to replace what they'd be losing in LMA, they will not be left with a roster that could compete for one of the top 4 spots in the West.

Maybe. It makes them a worse team in October. But depending on what they do from tonight through game 1, it may raise the ceiling for the playoffs. And they could definitely be a better team by October 2018.

Pau, Multinov, Bertans, mid-round pick, plus wily veteran could address the post and be better than LMA. The goal is to beat the Warriors.

In theory losing aldridge makes them a worse team. However, he very rarely bothered to show up. Not just plays but entire games.

Saw one rumor he showed up late for the annual exit interview.

That was a let down. For a little while yesterday I allowed myself to get excited. Ho hum.

Yeah. I woke up to an "everybody is happy" quote from Buford alert. But they don't make those picks unless they plan to let Green go.

Just weird. Tons of promising young players and they take two olds. Wish they had gotten a big. Going to be tough to see Bell for the Warriors.

I assume they decided they needed guards with Parker injury, may need to trade green, and maybe even need to include Murray as a trade sweetener. Forbes out? None of which I am excited about but it's a reality. Not many assets other teams would want to work with.

Going with older rookies, I assume, means they think those will be closer to contribution ready than a 19 yo. I guess.

I like Blossomgame as a backup to Kawhi. I like that he has carried a team.

Both are going to be in the G League regardless.

I remember last year's playoff, LMA's first year. Spurs suddenly started to play one on one basketball instead of the ball movement offense that has been the key to their success. I think they won the first game against OKC by 32 but were up by more. When the ball stopped moving, the Spurs stopped winning. The ball stopped moving because it stayed in LMA's hands. I was surprised Pop put up with it then.

So, I am not surprised there will be a parting of the ways.

The decline in ball movement is not just Aldridge. Kawhi is also more of an iso player than a ball movement player. Also, declines in minutes for Ginobili and departures of Diaw, Duncan and Splitter also impacted the team's passing skills. The Spurs were loaded with brilliant passers a few years ago.

Apparently LMA deleted all his tweets between June 13, 2015 and July 14, 2015 when he signed with the spurs.

He really f'd himself and the team with his people bitching to sas. Guessing nothing happened last night because no one wants his attitude unless it's pennies on the dollar (or getting green? Other assets?)

Just dump him and not take on money. Even if Paul came LMA would cry like Jordan.

Pop is holding out for three urinal cakes and a crying towel.

I would have been fine with a 2nd round pick last night for LMA.

I guess now the front office is waiting for a desperate team to give up a decent asset after losing a free agent.

He rarely showed up so I am beginning to consider just benching him until his attitude improves rather than give up any assets or taking back a bad contract. Don't want to waste a year of kawhi's prime but don't want to saddle the team with bad contract(s) when he would likely opt out next year if he was not playing. Good luck getting a good deal after this nonsense.

Maybe they've already been posted here and I overlooked them, but are there credible reports that LMA is truly a problem? We're talking about a Western Conference Finals team that lost to a team that was going to beat anyone. LMA is basically the same as layer they hotly pursued just 2 years ago.

This is a story relayed on a spurs message board from last October.

This morning Jason Garrett of Arriosti Sports Therapy shared an interesting story regarding Aldridge on Mike Taylor's radio show. He said Tim and Lamarcus were working out together (doing one on one drills) and Lamarcus was exhausted. LA stopped playing and said something like "Man, I don't know how you do it". Tim said, "If you want to be playing when you're 39, you gotta work. Let's go." LaMarcus said "Nah, I'm done" and walked off the court.

This is a story relayed on a spurs message board from last October.

This morning Jason Garrett of Arriosti Sports Therapy shared an interesting story regarding Aldridge on Mike Taylor's radio show. He said Tim and Lamarcus were working out together (doing one on one drills) and Lamarcus was exhausted. LA stopped playing and said something like "Man, I don't know how you do it". Tim said, "If you want to be playing when you're 39, you gotta work. Let's go." LaMarcus said "Nah, I'm done" and walked off the court.

They should just get rid of LMA, replace him with a PG, and bring Duncan back after the All-Star break.

Love the spurs young guys

From a tweet

Derrick White and Jaron Blossomgame in for Spurs' summer lg squad. Other expected participants: Dejounte Murray, Davis Bertans, Bryn Forbes.

If Forbes could get better at ball-handling, he could become a replacement for Patty Mills. He was dead-eye shooter his last two years in college.

Looking a Bloomgame's junior year, I would not be shocked to see Chip Engelland make the Clemson grad into a very good 3pt shooter. If he Chip works his magic again, this could be a steal. Plus, he may a replacement for Simmons very quickly.

Last edited:
Love the spurs young guys

From a tweet

Derrick White and Jaron Blossomgame in for Spurs' summer lg squad. Other expected participants: Dejounte Murray, Davis Bertans, Bryn Forbes.

I imagine Livio will show up.

Back