• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread

Looks like hanga has accepted a 3 year deal in europe for 8.5m. Not coming over. i believe hes 28ish so that will likely be an end to him as a prospect.

The Spurs told him no and signed Gay instead.

I agree that is probably what happened. Money is getting tight And not many spots left.

Spurs Looking Seriously at Acquiring CP3 per ESPN

That's what was reported on PTR.

Still no bigs.

Jordan Bell had 8 and 4 in 14 summer league minutes last night.

Last edited:
The Gay signing baffles me. He is the wing version of LMA - stuffs stats on bad teams as a millennial pussy loser. And then he'll get injured. Playing the two of them together is like the T.O. - Ochocinco disaster.

PTR makes the point that they picked up their 3rd big July 28 last year (lee) and most teams are not spending big money on role players and very few bigs have gotten contracts. Makes a patient team able to pick up a better quality back up than other off seasons.

The Gay signing baffles me. He is the wing version of LMA - stuffs stats on bad teams as a millennial pussy loser. And then he'll get injured. Playing the two of them together is like the T.O. - Ochocinco disaster.

He's played for bad teams and the advanced numbers are not great but to compare him to LMA? I dunno that's going too far. He'll at least take it to the rim and maybe even fight for a rebound.

Spurs Looking Seriously at Acquiring CP3 per ESPN

Gay will be looking to win a championship and get his last big contract.

The second unit could be solid. Mills/Murray, Simmons, Gay, Bertans/Anderson, a big.

Interesting stat I didn't know. Last man on the bench (besides Joel Anthony I guess) rookie Bryn Forbes shot .459 from deep and .500 fg in 19 D-League games. That's a nice starting point to turn him into a regular rotation guy in a Patty Mills role.

Forbes had 35 tonight in Summer League action. 6th highest scoring game in Summer League history. And he didn't have a good night from deep (2-9). He was 6-8 inside the arc and 17-17 from the line. Hard to not see him making the roster after that.

not sure about it. sounds like his not a great defender so brought in for offense, rolls to the basket etc but his numbers aren't great. i'll reserve judgement but pretty sure this means lee is definitely gone.

this also appears to put the squad at 14 if everyone comes back but dedmon and lee.

Yeah. Looks like a Lee replacement. I'd still like to get a rim protector.

Not an exciting offseason, but par for the course for the Spurs.

Agreed. I really want a mobile rim protector. LMA is solid and one on one. Gasol is ok at times but they can't show and recover. Both are poor against pnr.

Dedmon may be headed to the Hawks.

Multinov?

Manu?

Offseason of Gay and Joffrey - interesting. Most exciting off season news is the development of Forbes.

Assuming Simmons and Green return - good bench.

I was lamenting not drafting Jordan Bell, then I saw Jonah Bolden and was like, he good.

Forbes looks like a microwave option in the 2nd unit. The problem the 2nd unit needs a ballhandler to go with scorers on the wing in Simmons and Gay. Maybe that means Kyle Anderson will be the PF in a point forward role. Not sure what they have planned for him, but he needs to show more.

Forbes always looks really small to me but he's 6-3. He could play SG if necessary.

I was impressed by Bolden as well.

Not sure why Multinov isn't playing in the summer league. The Spurs get credit for stashing players, but there are way too many who haven't panned out at all and haven't even gotten a real shot. Poor Livio just looks overmatched and he was a first round pick four years ago and is counting against the cap now. Three of the four picks ahead of him were Hardaway, Jr., Andre Robeson, and Gobert.

Last edited:
Back