• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread

I’m thinking his recent push to get back on the court is about that Nike deal.

Disappointing loss to the Warriors after playing well and being up most of the 2nd half. KD was KD. I definitely think a healthy Spurs team could give the Warriors or Rockets a series.

Me too. Playing games w meaning down the stretch may help. Need Kawhi to make playoffs imo

So parker signs with Carlotte. Spurs do not match Anderson's offer sheet with the Grizzlies (4 about 9 per)

Davos resigned 4/20.

What a long strange year its been.

FU zaza

Happy about Bertans. That's good value for a guy who should grow into a strong rotation player during that contract.

Reports that Forbes is back on two year deal. Have not seen a number yet.

The Bertans deal is 2/14.5. Not as excited about that.

A few reasons. I'm high on Bertans. He turns 26 early in the season. I think he'll be a 22+ minute rotation guy if not a starter by the time he's 28. I'd love if the Spurs still had him for two more years after that in a four-year deal. Instead, he could play himself into a very good contract with another franchise.

It may also be a sign the Spurs aren't willing to commit long-term to players with the uncertainty around Kawhi. It's another reminder this could be a totally different team in 3 years.

A few reasons. I'm high on Bertans. He turns 26 early in the season. I think he'll be a 22+ minute rotation guy if not a starter by the time he's 28. I'd love if the Spurs still had him for two more years after that in a four-year deal. Instead, he could play himself into a very good contract with another franchise.

It may also be a sign the Spurs aren't willing to commit long-term to players with the uncertainty around Kawhi. It's another reminder this could be a totally different team in 3 years.

That makes sense.

I thought the $5 mil/year vs. $7 mil year/distinction is what you were less enthusiastic about. I agree with you 100%. He’s a nice role player and should be for awhile.

It’s been amazing to see him rebound after what could have been a career-ending injury.

Yeah. I would have been cool with 4/29. It would have been a nice investment in a good player.

Now it seems likely the Spurs will have to pay big money for Bertans’ prime or another team will.

Saw a tweet about rc Buford watching wiz/clippers. Ug.

Would be pretty excited to swap Kawhi for butler since he wants out of Minnesota.

I would hope all the GMs are watching all the games.

There was interest in Bradley at the trade deadline.

So metu with fractured wrist. Walker goes down last night after looking like a niceprospect. White pulls hamstring.

Toronto pushing for kawhi. This will be an intesting year.

Hoops Hype is saying the Spurs are considering trading Pau to the Sixers. I guess they would get Bayless' expiring contract in the trade.

Back