• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread

Plus, Bertans and SloMo can fill in for him.

Love bertans. anderson can be a role player but both are more like a 4 in today's NBA. Neither have the foot speed and athleticism to guard the most talented guards and wings for long stretches.

I would rather the spurs keep Simmons than mills. Simmons had to earn pop's trust during these play offs. If he gets consistent minutes he can really help guard some of the top players and be a contributor on offense.

Leonard, Green, and Simmons are a really good core to guards athletic perimeter players. Add Anderson's length under the right circumstances and that will give teams fits.

Bertands, Anderson, and Jordan Bell could be a nice post rotation along with a true C.

And after I made that last post, I remembered Kawhi is going to be PAID so much of the Pau savings will go to his next contract.

Hopefully spurs will "splurge" and go towards luxury tax to get him help. He deserves it.

I could see Simmons signing with Houston. Mills is and should get paid. He lost probably $20 mil and another year or two playing hurt in the playoffs in 2014 and this is his pay day contract. Philly?

I could see the Spurs try and swing a sign and trade with Atl for Millsap if ATL thinks they are going to lose Millsap for nothing. Could also see them going after George Hill, Korver, and or Reddick. I don't see them being able to swing the deal to get CP3. For one, CP3 has been the best player, and co-GM in both NO and LA. Would he accept a role as #2 with no say in signings, etc???? Happy to move his kids to SA??? I am not convinced as much I would love to see it.

I also am not ready to see a Spurs team without Danny Green. Love the guy and he's so worth his contract plus. Giving him up puts you at a huge disadvantage in so many ways. Right now, the Spurs have 2 of the best 5 wing defenders in the NBA. Do you want to give that up? I say no.

Interesting stat I didn't know. Last man on the bench (besides Joel Anthony I guess) rookie Bryn Forbes shot .459 from deep and .500 fg in 19 D-League games. That's a nice starting point to turn him into a regular rotation guy in a Patty Mills role.

I'm pretty sure Chris Paul had a better season than Steph just this past year. Steph's declining faster than Charlotte and Westbooks legs will fall off in 2 years . Don't this his 35 percent from the field is gonna age well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. CP3's best 2 seasons stand up favorably to any of the other's best two seasons (including Steph's two MVPs) and his 3-8 seasons are all better than any of the other's #3 season.

He's less than 3 years older than Steph and a little over 4 years older than Harden, so those guys will have to continue producing at a high level well into their 30s to catch up.

Paul is unlikely to get an MVP. Maybe not even an All-NBA. MVPs and triple doubles and RINGS are the standards.

We can come back in five years and revisit this. I am surprised people consider CP, Ish, and Teague to all be in the same generation of NBA PGs. That was news to me.

Paul is unlikely to get an MVP. Maybe not even an All-NBA. MVPs and triple doubles and RINGS are the standards.

We can come back in five years and revisit this. I am surprised people consider CP, Ish, and Teague to all be in the same generation of NBA PGs. That was news to me.

So you have an RJ'esque aversion to advanced stats. Here's one. Javale McGee had a higher PER than Steph this year. And according to you, Steph is entering his prime.

So you have an RJ'esque aversion to advanced stats. Here's one. Javale McGee had a higher PER than Steph this year. And according to you, Steph is entering his prime.

That shows how useless PER is. I'm "adverse" to nonsensical stats.

that's the thing rj. per does not say mcgee is better than steph. its simply one measure of a player's contribution. no single stat (other than W's i guess) provides all the answers.

If Paul were healthy the full season he would have been second team all-NBA. The only reason he wasn't third team is because people are tired of him.

MVPs and RINGZ as a standard I get. Think you and others are giving them far too much weight. To me those are useful methods to distinguish between comparable careers.

Triple Doubles are a meaningless stat that don't tell me much about how good a player is or how much he contributes to his team.

Virtually every stat we have for measuring the overall value of a player has Chris ahead of those three.

that's the thing rj. per does not say mcgee is better than steph. its simply one measure of a player's contribution. no single stat (other than W's i guess) provides all the answers.

I understand that, but it's useless. You can get all the info from other numbers.

Hollinger is known a top stat geek and not just for PER. However as VP of the Griz, his teams are having a declining amount of success since he was hired. How come if it's so much about "advanced" numbers?

BTW, many of the "advanced" numbers have existed and been used for decades.

The ultimate useless stat (I know it's used in baseball):

How about Steph Curry has averaged over 8 assists per game, one season and one season only. He'll be remembered as the best shooter ever, but not the best Point Guard.

How about Steph Curry has averaged over 8 assists per game, one season and one season only. He'll be remembered as the best shooter ever, but not the best Point Guard.

He is the best shooter I've ever seen but isn't a real PG on offense and is very mediocre on D.

Triple doubles became a marker really only this year. Even in Magic's era, the only time triple doubles got big play was the RING Magic won when he went from starting 1 to starting 5 (when Abdul-Jabbar went down), and he got either a triple or quadruple double. The Big O did his thing, then no real triple double discussion until Magic Finals 198?, then nothing again until last year.

I think the guy with the most triple doubles between Magic and Harden/Russ is Jason Kidd.

Anyway, I believe the marker has been and continues to be (for the last 30 years): championships, MVPs, 1st/2nd/3rd team all-NBA.

As my marker, I give you Michael Jordan. How many triple doubles for Michael? Arguably the greatest player of all-time.

Triple doubles became a marker really only this year. Even in Magic's era, the only time triple doubles got big play was the RING Magic won when he went from starting 1 to starting 5 (when Abdul-Jabbar went down), and he got either a triple or quadruple double. The Big O did his thing, then no real triple double discussion until Magic Finals 198?, then nothing again until last year.

I think the guy with the most triple doubles between Magic and Harden/Russ is Jason Kidd.

Anyway, I believe the marker has been and continues to be (for the last 30 years): championships, MVPs, 1st/2nd/3rd team all-NBA.

As my marker, I give you Michael Jordan. How many triple doubles for Michael? Arguably the greatest player of all-time.

No triple double in Magic's game starting at 5 (game 6, 1980). 42/15/7 going off my memory.

Back