• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Excel Help Thread

Good idea. I'd thought of that, but I wasn't sure if there was weird issues about access.

Can we get a feature where folks can upload their docs and people can access them to make this easier? That would be BOSS.

You mean like this?

28jl5eb.jpg

so hlton, upload that ish if you still need help.

Ok. I'm uploading the sheet. The figures there are from FY 2011 which just closed out last month. I will get information monthly and would like this to be as automatic as possible so I don't have to remember to update my YTD column each month. Thanks.

Attachments

• Civic Facilities Monthly Monitoring FY12.xls
    48.5 KB · Views: 16
So if I zeroed out all the expenses, and leave the budget that's what you'd want it to look at? Then your realized budget would be budget from months with revenue?

You can use a sumif on this, but i think youll need to change the way the sheet works or add a tab.

id add a tab that pulled Expenditures by month, then budget by month. then you could write it as =sumif(expenditures range,"<>", budget range). taht will just pull through the budget when expenditures is populated.

id add a tab that pulled Expenditures by month, then budget by month. then you could write it as =sumif(expenditures range,"<>", budget range). taht will just pull through the budget when expenditures is populated.

Awesome. Thanks. I've been trying to figure this out between meetings and working on some other stuff. That should work.

ohhh duh. you can also do it with out a new tab if you use an array formula. are you familiar?

im trying to figure out how to write it. give me a few.

i dont think taht will do it. just re-order it on a new tab.

Cool. Glad I could help. The ability to actually see the spreadsheet makes these exercises so much easier. I love Excel problems (dork).

Excel Help - Pivot Table

Ok, so I'm working on a Pivot Table and looking for some help. I've attached a small sample with dummy data to make is easier to see.

Sheet 1 is all the data and sheet 2 is the Pivot Table. What I want to do in the Pivot is have count of Login+ only count unique values. The resolved column should stay at the total number of rows for the specific group. Any help?

Attachments

• Pivot Table.xlsx
    13.4 KB · Views: 9
Does that help? Page two has the table I want to see. I just typed in the values because I can't figure it out with a pivot.

Attachments

• Pivot Table.xlsx
    16.2 KB · Views: 5
New excel problem:

I have an excel sheet where cells are highlighted based off a certain condition. Below that data, I would like to count how many cells in each row are highlighted.

I believe in the past you could do something like CountHL() or CountColor() but not sure about the newer versions. I'm expecting something like CountIF(range,criteria) but I'm not sure what I would but in the criteria part.

Pos rep for help?

Back