• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Excel Help Thread

Figured there was an Excel thread here somewhere.

I switched to Excel 2007 and I'm having trouble adjusting. I want to make a simple column chart, but I want four of the five line items stacked, and the other as its own column. Anyone know how to do this? Thank you Pit!

No, would that help? I have four years of buildup each with its own line and I want to compare the total (stacked by buildup per year) to another number. So five lines down projected out eight quarters.

i'd think so. i almost only use pivotcharts now. wanna upload it, and i can take a look?

soooooooooooo i'm having trouble with sumproduct and conditional formatting. on one tab i have a list of static data as a named range ("Legal_Entity," "Deal_Name," etc.), and on the next tab I am setting up a template for inputting Legal Enitities, Deal Names, etc. I'm trying to get it to format the cell if the Deal name provided doesn't exist on the other tab or it doesnt correlate to the legal entity on that line. I thought sumproduct would work witha Key column taht was justa bunch of 1s.

here's the setup:

Named Ranges: Deal_Name, Legal_Entities, Key
Deal column: F:F
Legal Entity Column: E:E

My thought on the formula: =if(sumproduct((Deal_Name=F2)*(Legal_Entities=E2)*(Key))>0,TRUE(),FALSE())

that didn't work in the conditional format,s o i took it out, and it still didn't work. i tried just the sumproduct with the named range, and it gave me 0. i changed the named ranges to the actual ranges and it gave me the result i wanted.

please help!

wooooooooooooot. got it. apparently the named ranges cant be the entire column. BAWSE SAWSE

Anyone have any advice with data pumps (Monarch)?

Our sales data comes in daily reports from each store and it is in .TXT format. Our dept has Monarch v11 which applies templates/models to extract data from weird formats (.TXT, PDFs etc.). I can extract data from one of the sales reports fairly easily. It's just applying the model to each of the reports that's a huge pain (data pump).

With Monarch v11 I need to: Launch Monarch; Open up the reports; Apply the Model; Go to the correct Window; Perform the Export.

Seems like my options are:
-Beg mgmt to purchase Monarch Data Pump, or
-Create batch files (apparently they can be controlled with Autoscript or OLE automation but I'm clueless on this).

just saw the last paranthetical. if you go to the date ribbon>"from other sources">Data Connection Wizard it should have an option for Monarch I'd guess (our's does for Investran which is what I use it for).

if it isn't there go to "other/advanced"

Find / Replace. Kill the http:// with a blank, then kill /* with another blank

Sweet, I never knew the * trick. Does that find/replace everything in a cell after whatever text you designate before it? I would have suggested separating text to columns using / as a delimiter for the last part, but I didn't know about the *. Nice.

Sweet, I never knew the * trick. Does that find/replace everything in a cell after whatever text you designate before it? I would have suggested separating text to columns using / as a delimiter for the last part, but I didn't know about the *. Nice.

the /* works in 2010's Find/Replace - I'm assuming it does in prior versions as well.

Back