• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Last Jedi

And yeah, the dude who plays Kylo Ren is just magnetic on the screen. I imagine the last trilogy would be epic if they just swapped him for Hayden Christensen.

I enjoyed it....but...

It wasn't EPIC. Felt like a lot of plot points were forced and didn't like the resolution of previous storylines.

No idea where they go after this.

(My not so stellar review may be from a negative theater experience...I received the wrong 3D glasses from the ticket taker and had to go back and replace them, there was a group of millenials behind me talking through the whole thing near the end (omg I feel old), and the concession lady gave me the bottom of the barrel popcorn that was all tiny pieces, plus I sat through the last 30 minutes about to wet myself, and I had only gotten a medium drink.)

ETA: All that plus as soon as the theater got dark someone walked in alone in a long trenchcoat looking thing and stopped at the bottom of the stairs. About peed on myself but then thought no one would terrorize the 12:25am showing and felt really bad about feeling comforted by that.

Last edited:
wouldn't call it epic

it was humorous
it was long (too long)
Mark Hamill exceeded my very low expectations for him
there were plot holes but this is Star Wars

I walked away very slightly disappointed; however I'm going again on Sunday

I loved it. Some of the plot points were forced, but still will be one of my favorites of the franchise. It was so different than any of the others and it worked. Definitely had a few moments where I got hit in the nerd feels. JJ Abrams is going to have a tall task to follow/finish this but I''m sure he'll do just fine.

Deleted because I don’t know whyzzzzz....

Last edited:
......the movie is out? So let’s keep talking about what we think might happen?

7/10

Slightly overrated

Prefer ROGUE ONE

going back on Sunday for second viewing

Seeing in 3D unnecessary

Excellent film. Star Wars is in good hands. Intense. Inspiring. Each of the main character arcs were well done. Glad I avoided spoilers, especially casting news.

Last night around 9 the Audience Score on RT was 99%....then at 4am when I got home from the 12:25am showing it was 71%....now it's 57%.

Seems like all the twitter/etc commentary is polarized to "best since Empire" or "prequel bad" with a good sprinkling of "3-4 great scenes and then a prequel piece of crap".

Any comparison to the prequels is invalid.

It's the best since Empire unless you want to make an argument for Rogue One.

Last edited:
yeah, that sounds like "i want to be cool by complaining about a thing people like"

Went to the Grand in N. Winston last night- did any of y'all in other places have a hokey notice plastered all over the place that the movie contained a scene with 10 seconds of total silence, and not to freak out?

Do people really need this explained to them?

I assume the sign wasn't in braille.

Went to the Grand in N. Winston last night- did any of y'all in other places have a hokey notice plastered all over the place that the movie contained a scene with 10 seconds of total silence, and not to freak out?

People are going to hate that John Krasinski movie.

I’m not sure giving Johnson an entire trilogy was inspired

Not psyched about J.J. directing IX

I was at the grand & didn’t notice it.

But that part of the film was pretty awesome.

Empire
Rogue One
Return (Revenge) of the Jedi
A New Hope
The Last Jedi
The Force Awakens

The Prequels discarded on a steaming heap of Tauntaun scat

Back