• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

More PMs Please!

bym051d

I AM VERY IMPORTANT
Reaction score
Would it be possible to increase the limit of PMs to a larger number? It was set at 200 a while back and increasing the number would be fantastic. These things can't take up that much space, right?

Maybe we could put it into an extension of the fundraising. Give $10, get 1000 PMs.

So the boards are actually pretty large as is storage-size wise (I could be wrong but I remember the backup size being almost 2-300 GB for the site, and the larger the db gets the more we have potential for things to go wrong with backups/maintenance scripts/etc) so that limit helps encourage cleaning them out every so often and keeps us from ballooning on that front. If you have a special need for more though (running a big mafia game or sheep or something of that nature) you can always PM me about it and if you've got a good enough reason I can bump it up for just you for that purpose. But we don't want to give that expansion to everyone by default. 200 is still quite a lot IMO, I think the only drawback is you don't keep faaar back history, but you can always save those records elsewhere before clearing them out if that is important to you.

Back