• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UK Election

Oh no Donald the safe space president no longer wants to come unless the people accept him, so I guess the visit is on hold indefinitely.

"Donald Trump has told Theresa May in a phone call he does not want to go ahead with a state visit to Britain until the British public supports him coming.

The US president said he did not want to come if there were large-scale protests and his remarks in effect put the visit on hold for some time."

They would rather have a communist visit. More to their way of thinking.

I'm no fan of Theresa May, but I'm hoping she is able to form a functional government. Jeremy Corbyn is a vile man, a vestige of the violent, authoritarian "left" of the middle part of this century in western Europe. He's spent his life supporting or excusing terrorists - be they the IRA, Hamas, Hezbollah or smaller fringe groups elsewhere. He's trashed NATO and any form of broader western society, along with a wide streak of anti-semetism running through it all. He's a nativist and an isolationist every bit as much as someone like Bannon in the US.

The world is a better place without people like him in charge. The response to right wing populism and nationalism isn't dredging back up the demons of left wing populism and nationalism and neither one is better than the other.

Insanely biased. Jezza is good and Vad only hates him becoz he's a Gooner

Insanely biased. Jezza is good and Vad only hates him becoz he's a Gooner

So much for the "tolerant left"
tumblr_lvbs3nujqC1r4gjpgo1_400.gif

David Lammy is so much better. The Toby of politics

https://www.ft.com/content/44f96050...egmentId=b385c2ad-87ed-d8ff-aaec-0f8435cd42d9

Interesting piece in the Financial Times today on putting Trump and Boris in perspective.

So now that Boris is PM, I think it'll pretty much guarantee that we're looking at a hard Brexit in October. Anyone care to speculate as to what the ramifications of the hard Brexit will be?

If Warren is right, it could be the system shock that causes the start of another economic collapse

Trump is lobbying for the proud racist Nigel Farage to be Ambassador to the US.

Hahaha goddamn you conservatives are fucking clowns. Good luck dumbshits

People like Trump, Boris and their followers aren't real conservatives. Traditional conservatives favor things like balanced budgets, low deficits, free trade, American hegemony (as opposed to America going it alone) and promoting stability. Trump ain't that. We need a new term. Like maybe xenophobic totalitarians.

ADT, I was chatting with my friend who handles my investments a month or so ago, and he believes a hard Brexit will trigger an economic disruption in the UK and Europe that will likely have economic repercussions worldwide, though not anything like the collapse we had in 2008-09. Economics isn't my field, so I'll defer to others. But politically, this could be interesting. I've thought this whole time that a hard Brexit could lead to a dissolution of the UK. Scotland and Northern Ireland were largely in favor of staying with the EU. I could see both bolting and rejoining the EU, especially if a hard Brexit results in significant border problems between Ireland and Northern Ireland. More than anything else, I'm hoping it won't lead to a return of difficult times in Ireland, especially right after the great event they just put on last week with the Open.

People like Trump, Boris and their followers aren't real conservatives. Traditional conservatives favor things like balanced budgets, low deficits, free trade, American hegemony (as opposed to America going it alone) and promoting stability. Trump ain't that. We need a new term. Like maybe xenophobic totalitarians.

ADT, I was chatting with my friend who handles my investments a month or so ago, and he believes a hard Brexit will trigger an economic disruption in the UK and Europe that will likely have economic repercussions worldwide, though not anything like the collapse we had in 2008-09. Economics isn't my field, so I'll defer to others. But politically, this could be interesting. I've thought this whole time that a hard Brexit could lead to a dissolution of the UK. Scotland and Northern Ireland were largely in favor of staying with the EU. I could see both bolting and rejoining the EU, especially if a hard Brexit results in significant border problems between Ireland and Northern Ireland. More than anything else, I'm hoping it won't lead to a return of difficult times in Ireland, especially right after the great event they just put on last week with the Open.

nope, sorry. Trump and Brexit donks are what conservatism is now.

nope, sorry. Trump and Brexit donks are what conservatism is now.

Maybe, but it is neither traditional American or British conservatism. It's closer to 1930s fascism as the author pointed out in the Financial Times piece I posted above. And it appears to all be going according to Putin's master plan.

To the extent there is a silver lining in Brexit, it may well turn out to be a united Ireland.

They said whatever they needed to say to maintain power. All of the above are about keeping the rich richer and keeping the poor poorer.

Back