• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What's the nicest watch you own?

problem is I don't wanna wear a nice watch at work because then the bosses will start worrying what the hell am I doing with their money. And I don't wanna walk around the street with a nice watch on cause why risk getting robbed. So my wife is like "why the hell do ya want one if ya don't wear them?" She makes a reasonable point.

sorry to hear - hope everything works out

It’d be like when Walt starts wearing the fancy watch Jesse gets him

I was getting really close to talking myself into allowing myself to seriously consider spending a lot of money on an Omega Seamaster a few years ago. I backed off and bought something else for about $1,000. Now I wear a watch about twice a month, so I’m glad I didn’t buy the Omega.

You know pictures of watches are always at 10 and 2 because it mimics a smile

I was getting really close to talking myself into allowing myself to seriously consider spending a lot of money on an Omega Seamaster a few years ago. I backed off and bought something else for about $1,000. Now I wear a watch about twice a month, so I’m glad I didn’t buy the Omega.

This is pretty close to where I am. I don't care to wear any kind of jewelry (I haven't worn my wedding ring in 2 years). I wear my Garmin running watch only when I'm running.

I think he's implying they would worry he was embezzling money.

weird bosses to assume the guy you compensate well because he handles your money well would also openly embezzle and buy nice watches rather than assume he is also good with money privately and could afford said watch

I don't know why anyone would wear a watch anymore that's not an Apple/Samsung/Garmin watch. And if I'm spending $10k on a watch it better be blinged out with diamonds.

I wear a watch every day. I think I have six of them ranging from $50 to $1500. I had an apple watch and ended up hating it, it was a shitty workout watch primarily due to the battery life. I also realized I was no longer wearing my other watches because I was obsessed with the statistics the watch gave me. I bought a garmin and just wear it to work out.

weird bosses to assume the guy you compensate well because he handles your money well would also openly embezzle and buy nice watches rather than assume he is also good with money privately and could afford said watch

Has Palma ever paid 50 bucks for subway in front of the guy?

I like my Omega (wedding present from wife) a lot better than my Apple watch, but find myself wearing the Apple watch far, far more. Pretty much only wear the Omega to relatively nice social or dinner outings.

I get subway delivered once a week. My boss gets it delivered every single day.

It's all relative. I never get food delivered.

I don't really understand the mindset of someone who gets Subway delivered every day. If I weren't worried about coin, I would have better food delivered.

I don't know why anyone would wear a watch anymore that's not an Apple/Samsung/Garmin watch. And if I'm spending $10k on a watch it better be blinged out with diamonds.

LOL at all of this

Big watch, guy, huh? Sorry, just don't get it. And I mean no offense to dartsanddeacs, because I am sure it's a very nice watch, but it looks like a $100 watch to me. And the one stugotz posted looks like maybe a $250 watch?

Last edited:
Back