• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What's the nicest watch you own?

spend your money on whatever makes you happy, but in terms of bang for your buck there is nothing worse than a 4 figure watch. most people that know enough about watches to get that its a nice watch are not impressed by that watch

Watches are fucking dumb, but the good ones hold value. So dropping 10k on a watch isn’t the dumbest buy.

I've learned from this thread that expensive watches aren't very good at keeping time, literally their only job except for making you look fancy.

Eh some folks think it’s cool non-electronic mechanical gears and shit that at the higher end levels is accurate to within a second or two per day, using the same engineering technology for the past 150 years. My considerably less than high level inexpensive watch keeps reasonable time, like 5-10s fast per day. I can live with that as a trade off to watching the gears move and shit.

Is a couple seconds per day what they meant by "not keeping good time"? That doesn't seem like much at all

A movement (gears etc) in many of those higher end watches like Rolexes is certified to that standard but after a while it can need to be maintained and I’d guess stored correctly and stuff to keep that precision. Like if you don’t wear it but a couple times a year I bet it loses accuracy.

Ain’t none of y’all walking around with a Patek or
Richard Mille? Weak Florist indeed

Like I heard Patek Water from the Young Thug/Future song but I had no frame of reference. Also the fact that people regularly spend 20 grand for watches while I personally know of a hundred kids whose only decent meal is the free lunch at school kinda makes me want to go all Brasky and burn down Capitalism.

I have a friend that used to play professional tennis. He once found Nadal’s Richard Mille watch in the locker room. He said it was worth $400,000.

I have 2 Rolexes and I swear I have no idea where they are. No wait, 3. But I haven't worn one in about 5 years due to my Apple watch. My wife keeps that stuff somewhere so she knows where they are. They are terrible watches that keep terrible time. The first one I bought, the 2nd one I won from a manufacturer, and the 3rd was inherited from my father. No way would I ever buy one for myself again.

sure but what is Cam wearing

Like I heard Patek Water from the Young Thug/Future song but I had no frame of reference. Also the fact that people regularly spend 20 grand for watches while I personally know of a hundred kids whose only decent meal is the free lunch at school kinda makes me want to go all Brasky and burn down Capitalism.

per Oxfam, every 26 hours the world gets a new billionaire and ~24,500 people die from inequality as a result of lack of access to healthcare, gender-based violence, hunger, and climate effects

“If [the ten richest men in the world] were to lose 99.999 percent of their wealth tomorrow, they would still be richer than 99 percent of all the people on this planet,” said Oxfam International’s Executive Director Gabriela Bucher. “They now have six times more wealth than the poorest 3.1 billion people.”

per Oxfam, every 26 hours the world gets a new billionaire and ~24,500 people die from inequality as a result of lack of access to healthcare, gender-based violence, hunger, and climate effects

“If [the ten richest men in the world] were to lose 99.999 percent of their wealth tomorrow, they would still be richer than 99 percent of all the people on this planet,” said Oxfam International’s Executive Director Gabriela Bucher. “They now have six times more wealth than the poorest 3.1 billion people.”

maybe some of those people should check out the wealth building tip posts on instagram and make some money

VSY3ejl.jpg

Back