• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What's the nicest watch you own?

dartsndeacs

THE quintessential dwarf
Reaction score
The metal ones get stuck in my wrist hair, and that's the only type that goes with my track suit collection. Anyone rocking one of the cray swiss watches?

tag Heur 2000 professional like this one
$_1.JPG

Last edited:
Rolex submariner, two Burberrys, two Bolivas and a throw away Seiko for when I'm doing yard work out at the beach/lake

I have a Philippe Patek my grandfather I never met passed down to me. Wore it for my wedding, might be the last time. I'm not responsible enough for that kind of hardware on my wrist.

Hello, little man. Boy, I sure heard a bunch about you. See, I was a good friend of your dad’s. We were in that Hanoi pit of hell together over five years. Hopefully, you’ll never have to experience this yourself, but when two men are in a situation like me and your Dad were, for as long as we were, you take on certain responsibilities of the other. If it had been me who had not made it, Major Coolidge would be talking right now to my son Jim. But the way it turned out is I’m talking to you, Butch. I got something for you.
This watch I got here was first purchased by your great-grandfather during the first World War. It was bought in a little general store in Knoxville, Tennessee. Made by the first company to ever make wrist watches. Up till then people just carried pocket watches. It was bought by private Doughboy Ernie Coolidge on the day he set sail for Paris. It was your great-grandfather’s war watch and he wore it every day he was in that war. When he had done his duty, he went home to your great-grandmother, took the watch off, put it an old coffee can, and in that can it stayed until your granddad Dane Coolidge was called upon by his country to go overseas and fight the Germans once again. This time they called it World War II. Your great-grandfather gave this watch to your granddad for good luck. Unfortunately, Dane’s luck wasn’t as good as his old man’s. Dane was a Marine and he was killed, along with the other Marines at the battle of Wake Island. Your granddad was facing death, he knew it. None of those boys had any illusions about ever leaving that island alive. So three days before the Japanese took the island, your granddad asked a gunner on an Air Force transport name of Winocki, a man he had never met before in his life, to deliver to his infant son, who he’d never seen in the flesh, his gold watch. Three days later, your granddad was dead. But Winocki kept his word. After the war was over, he paid a visit to your grandmother, delivering to your infant father, his dad’s gold watch.
This watch. This watch was on your daddy’s wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew if the gooks ever saw the watch it’d be confiscated, taken away. The way your dad looked at it, that watch was your birthright. He’d be damned if any slopes were gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy’s birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.

I have a Philippe Patek my grandfather I never met passed down to me. Wore it for my wedding, might be the last time. I'm not responsible enough for that kind of hardware on my wrist.
That's awesome, sounds like your gramps was a classy dude

My dad gave me his collection of 5 Tag Heuer watches. Otherwise, ive got Invictas plus a Huawei watch

Now we're talking. I think I'll want one of these at some point in my life.

c66288363ae6ecf74ead1440707d29be.jpg

Patek-Philippe-1518-yellow_1.jpg

Patek-Philippe-Reference-5106-Rose-Gold.jpg

tag Heur 2000 professional like this one
$_1.JPG

I love this silver/gold mix.

They aren't insanely priced, but the Masters has put out some awesome (dated/limited edition) watches over the years. The one I'm currently wearing is from 2006 & gets mistaken for a Rolex pretty frequently.

k1FW8XU_d.jpg

This year's was an awesome black/gold combo with a brown leather band. Its got a nice WF feel to it. They pop up once in a while on EBay.

Tag professional. I've considered upgrading but couldn't find anything that interested me for less than 4K so I bagged it.

Honest question for those who wearing watches. Do you wear it to tell time or because you simply like the jewelry component of it?

I haven't worn a watch in over 10 years. When I did, it was something decent but not too fancy.

It's more convenient to check the wrist for time/date than to find my phone which may not even be on me. I like to know what time it is, so I'd likely always wear a watch of some form or another. Although if I was a professor and could routinely stroll into class 5 minutes late maybe I wouldn't care so much. I kid of course. Aesthetics are an undeniably important factor. Why do folks wear nice belts when a rope would work? Why do folks buy nice clothes and shoes? I like the functions on my watch and the way it looks too.

Back