• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Moved from where? I keep getting asked the same questions and I'm giving different examples of my point. Obviously Giannis, Embiid, and Porzingis are based on potential. I already said the only EC game I really got excited to watch was Bucks-Knicks. How did restating the point move the goalpost?

Do you think the East stacks up with the West? I see a lot of people mocking the argument, but no disagreement.

So "generational player" simply means exciting to watch?

And I'm not mocking, just genuinely curious.

the third team would have to be a team that wants Love, phoenix being rumored as interested. then phoenix would give the Bulls the young player(s) and or pick(s) to Chicago, Butler to Cle and Love to PHX.

I can't see Phoenix giving up 4 for Kevin freaking Love.

who said anything about #4? the celtics aren't giving up #3 for butler are they?

Palmab03 working on a 3 way with Miranda Kerr and Kelly Rohrbach according to unnamed sources

who said anything about #4? the celtics aren't giving up #3 for butler are they?

If the Celtics can get Butler for #3, Ainge should crawl across shards of glass to do it. If you can get an All-Star, in his prime, for a 19 yo kid, who has a bunch to learn and don't do it, you should be fired as GM. I can't believe the Bulls would even consider just #3 for Butler.

Which Phoneix assets would satisfy Chicago if not #4? HOF Bledsoe?

If the Celtics can get Butler for #3, Ainge should crawl across shards of glass to do it. If you can get an All-Star, in his prime, for a 19 yo kid, who has a bunch to learn and don't do it, you should be fired as GM. I can't believe the Bulls would even consider just #3 for Butler.

i was assuming part of a package.

Which Phoneix assets would satisfy Chicago if not #4? HOF Bledsoe?

they have all their own future picks which they could trade with protections, they have 2 future miami heat FRPs picks, and they have a lot of young, cheap players.

You forgot the Warriors ruined basketball. Butler will be too old by the time the Dubs reign is over, and he's not even all that good to begin with. Did you watch what happened when Rondo went down in the 1st round? Overrated. Danny would be dumb to do that.

LeBron
Durant
Kawhi
CP3
Steph
Anthony Davis

That's the list of "generational players" in the NBA for me, and even that list might be too long.

Gotta add Russ and Harden.

lol

So "generational player" simply means exciting to watch?

And I'm not mocking, just genuinely curious.

A player people will still be talking about a generation from now.

Will you be telling your grandkids about watching Bradley Beal play?

A player people will still be talking about a generation from now.

Will you be telling your grandkids about watching Bradley Beal play?
It's just a weird standard to set. Are you planning to tell your grandkids about watching Porzingis, who you have already placed at that level?

Hell, I'm not planning on talking to my grandkids about Dirk Nowitzki, who led a team (a WESTERN CONERENCE team!) to a title.

Either that or you're just planning to have way more conversations with your grandkids about the mid-2010s NBA landscape, which, okay, I guess

Here is a list of players I might try to talk about with my hypothetical grandchildren one day:

LeBron
Durant
Steph
Westbrook
Davis
Harden, maybe?

That's really it. Maybe I'll bring up CP3 and Pau by way of the Lakers trade fiasco.

It's just a weird standard to set. Are you planning to tell your grandkids about watching Porzingis, who you have already placed at that level?

Hell, I'm not planning on talking to my grandkids about Dirk Nowitzki, who led a team (a WESTERN CONERENCE team!) to a title.

LOL. I'd definitely tell my kids about Dirk.

This board is weird sometimes. I use basic colloquialisms like "players to tell your grandkids about" and people act like I'm crazy.

sorry, I'm still just salty that nobody seems to appreciate MY BOY Hayward here.

You forgot the Warriors ruined basketball. Butler will be too old by the time the Dubs reign is over, and he's not even all that good to begin with. Did you watch what happened when Rondo went down in the 1st round? Overrated. Danny would be dumb to do that.

I didn't say any such thing.

i was assuming part of a package.

they have all their own future picks which they could trade with protections, they have 2 future miami heat FRPs picks, and they have a lot of young, cheap players.

But you didn't say it was a package...

Back