• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

I guess you guys know more than Mark Stein and Adrian Woj. Remind me again who is paying you $200K+ for your knowledge of and contacts in the NBA...

Trump is getting paid twice that to be President and you constantly act like you could do a better job.

If this happens, I'm assuming it's because Ainge has a decent assurance from Chicago or Indiana that can he get Butler or PG for #3 this gear + some combination of the Nets' and/or Sixers' 1st rounders next year.

If the trade is actually Lakers pick and Sixers 2021 with protections, you do that in a second.

I would not do Lakers AND Kings pick to bump up. Still find it hard to believe the Sixers got that Lakers pick for MCW.

If the trade is actually Lakers pick and Sixers 2021 with protections, you do that in a second.

I would not do Lakers AND Kings pick to bump up. Still find it hard to believe the Sixers got that Lakers pick for MCW.

If this is the trade, the Sixers are crazy not to do it. The only reason the Celtics would consider such a trade is that they think they need the $7M in cap space for Hayward/Griffin and don't want to trade a current player. One other thing is if they are signing Hayward, next year's Lakers pick would likely be a big as there a ton of bigs coming out next year.

However, what has been most rumored is this year's #3 and next year's Lakers, which I would hesitate doing.

If this happens, I'm assuming it's because Ainge has a decent assurance from Chicago or Indiana that can he get Butler or PG for #3 this gear + some combination of the Nets' and/or Sixers' 1st rounders next year.

If it happens, it's probably because Boston thinks Jackson is the best player in the draft and can get him at 3 and pick up some additional picks. I don't know if that's true or not, but there have been reports about Ainge liking Jackson. It's hard to tell what's true and what's a smoke screen around draft time

If this is the trade, the Sixers are crazy not to do it. The only reason the Celtics would consider such a trade is that they think they need the $7M in cap space for Hayward/Griffin and don't want to trade a current player. One other thing is if they are signing Hayward, next year's Lakers pick would likely be a big as there a ton of bigs coming out next year.

However, what has been most rumored is this year's #3 and next year's Lakers, which I would hesitate doing.

Sorry I was including this years pick in that.

That's the framework Woj tweeted earlier.

If it's #3 this year and another Sixers #1 pick (or even two #1s from the Sixers), I'm good with it. Not sure if I'd give #3 and the Lakers pick. Magic has said he isn't spending any money this year. So, the Lakers could easily get a Top 5 pick again next year. Fultz isn't worth two top 5 picks.

This is especially true when the "worst" that happens is the Sixers get Josh Jackson.

Trade supposedly has been agreed to now. Colangelo blowing up the process in one trade. Celts make out like bandits again. They'll be good for a decade.

Great trade by the Celts if the rumors are true.

I'm not sold on fultz. 65% from the FT line, not sure his 41% 3PT shooting from college will translate.

Fultz isn't worth moving up to get. Especially in a draft this deep.

Trade supposedly has been agreed to now. Colangelo blowing up the process in one trade. Celts make out like bandits again. They'll be good for a decade.

I'm not completely sold on Fultz but the particulars of the trade have yet to be announced. So, you can't make that statement. If the Sixers keep the Lakers pick, the trade is OK. Especially if it's only Sixers' future #1s.

i owe you an apology, rj.

wow, i don't know what to say. shocked.

I hope it's only picks (without the Lakers pick). Saric is going to be an absolute beast.

it's already been reported. it's the lakers pick from 2018 and the kings pick from 2019. there are protections but they haven't been reported yet, don't know if one or both have protections. new CBA let's you put protections on other teams picks you own outright.

it's already been reported. it's the lakers pick from 2018 and the kings pick from 2019. there are protections but they haven't been reported yet, don't know if one or both have protections. new CBA let's you put protections on other teams picks you own outright.

Man

Very impressive to have 3 promising players like Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, and Markelle Fultz on the team a mere 4 years after being in cap hell and having a roster starring Evan Turner, Jrue Holiday, Spencer Hawes, and Thad Young.

Back