• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Fultz + likely #10 pick + #26 wouldn't be enough to give up a 26 year old legit top 5 player. Kawhi would immediately turn Philly into the top team in the East.

He isn't a top 5 player at this point, he is a Derrick Rose-style headcase who isn't showing up. Fultz + #10 +#26 + a max contract slot is actually too much to give up for a guy you don't even know is going to play. Especially for a team that already has to factor in Embiid's unknowns into its overall team contract structure.

He isn't a top 5 player at this point, he is a Derrick Rose-style headcase who isn't showing up. Fultz + #10 +#26 + a max contract slot is actually too much to give up for a guy you don't even know is going to play. Especially for a team that already has to factor in Embiid's unknowns into its overall team contract structure.

This would make more sense if we weren’t talking about Fultz on the other end of the deal. It’d be a little generous to still label Fultz an unknown at this point. Sat out the entire year to fix a broken jumper and it’s still the most broken jumper in the league. Even made up an injury to cover this broken jumper. That’s probably more of a headcase than Kawhi

This would make more sense if we weren’t talking about Fultz on the other end of the deal. It’d be a little generous to still label Fultz an unknown at this point. Sat out the entire year to fix a broken jumper and it’s still the most broken jumper in the league. Even made up an injury to cover this broken jumper. That’s probably more of a headcase than Kawhi

No he’s not. Kawhi is a borderline top ten player in his prime sitting out because of reasons unknown. That’s fucking batshit.

Borderline top 10? He was an MVP finalist and two time first team all-NBA. He’s clearly top 5 when healthy.

I’m not sure if your point. The Spurs aren’t sitting him. The Spurs with a less than 100% Kawhi aren’t contending. From Kawhi’s perspective it makes sense to sit out, get back to 100%, return to MVP status, and get paid.

By the way, if the organization hadn’t invested so much energy into get LMA back to being an elite player and Parker and Manu weren’t winding down their careers, I think they would have be content to let all the records lapse and tank this year.

I hope the Spurs see this as preserving a long term investment instead of Kawhi bailing.

I'd be worried if i were a Spurs fan. I can't imagine Pop staying super motivated if they have to move Kawhi. Now you're talking about a core of LMA (32), Danny Green (30) and Patty Mills? All while some of the former western conference bottom feeders start to build real momentum with some young stars - the Jazz, Pelicans, Wolves, Nuggets, Lakers are all going to be good to very good for the next 3-5 years. Plus the Warriors and Rockets are set up to be the Western Conference contenders for at least the next handful of seasons. And then the Blazers and Thunder are firmly playoff caliber teams that don't have contender upside but are still good enough to hang around middle playoff seeds.

Parker and Manu are great, but Duncan made them HoFers.

Borderline top 10? He was an MVP finalist and two time first team all-NBA. He’s clearly top 5 when healthy.

And a proven leader. Oh wait.

The is really funky things going on with the board, no idea why all these other quotes showed up. And when I try to edit the screen is blank.

There are a lot of NBA execs rumbling that Kawhi wants out of San Antonio. If that's the case I think the Spurs should just auction him off to the best offer. Don't think they have enough title equity next year to have Kawhi play it out. Similar to Indy.

Maybe you could get Jaylen Brown and Kings unprotected pick from Boston. Or a couple Lakers young players. Or some Philly combo out of Saric/Cov/Fultz/#10. Whatever Mr. Buford likes. We'll see what happens.

just got an invite to Thon's block party

anyone else thinking about going?

2TjRmNL.png

rsf's take yesterday

These playoffs are a fun watch. I'm gonna miss Manu.

Hell of a last home game for Manu.

That Pau Gasol contract is pretty turrible. Can't blame Kawhi for wanting out. Woof.

Don't forget 50 mils. Their 12:01 call was to bid 10 per against themselves for a guy that only shoots well... ok... at home.

Back