• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Wouldn't it be the case that by being traded without a sign-and-trade, Blake could get a bigger contract from the Pacers than he could by signing with any non-Clippers team after this year?

Of course he wouldn't want to be in Indiana, but assuming he won't re-sign with LAC then this would maximize his contract ceiling, no?

yeah if he opted in to his player option and got traded to the pacers they would get his bird rights and could give him the megamax deal next summer.

they can't s&t and give him that deal though.

yeah if he opted in to his player option and got traded to the pacers they would get his bird rights and could give him the megamax deal next summer.

they can't s&t and give him that deal though.

I guess it depends on what CP does, but I get the feelings that the Clips and Blake aren't long for each other. Trade might be the only path to supermax.

Mozgov got that terrible contract like 1 minute into FA last year too. lol

Lakers seriously trying to win now? For what?

nothing to do with win now. all about 18-19 cap space. brook lopez only has 1 year left on deal.

sounds like lakers offered Russell to every late lotto team for their pick and they all declined.

One of the worst trades I've ever seen. Russell is actually good.

They gave away 21yo D'angelo Russell for a worthless pick and a big man who will be 32 before they can even compete in the West again.

I'm sure they could have salary dumped Mozgov without giving up their only actually good young player. Come on Magic.

Mozgov was one of the worst contracts in the NBA, they weren't going to be able to get rid of him without giving up something of value. Now they're going for 2 max slots in 18-19 with PG already wanting to go there and a perhaps disgruntled LBJ.

nothing to do with win now. all about 18-19 cap space. brook lopez only has 1 year left on deal.

sounds like lakers offered Russell to every late lotto team for their pick and they all declined.
Cap space for who? PG? The '16 Pacers roster was 2-3 years ahead of this Lakers roster and they got swept by Cleveland.

Cap space for who? PG? The '16 Pacers roster was 2-3 years ahead of this Lakers roster and they got swept by Cleveland.

you can disagree with the trade but 1 thing it is 100% not is a win now move. it is 100% about getting 2 max slots next summer, 1 for PG and 1 TBD.

Clearing cap space is a reasonable strategy. But they have various young players that they could have packaged with MozDeng to dump salary without giving up on Russell. I believe they could have found a taker with other assets.

I just think they didn't like Russell. And his attitude. Or the fit with Lonzo. Or something. Which I am going to rate as a massive mistake.

Ok, its not "win now" it's still giving up on D'angelo Russell to clear up cap space.

Last edited:
Back