• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Fultz/Simmons/Saric/Zingis/Embiid FTFW?

Or just Sign Kyle Lowry (He's a philly guy, right?) Lowry/Lonzo/Simmons/Zingis/Embiid. Most fun team in the NBA, hands down.

Last edited:
Fultz/Simmons/Saric/Zingis/Embiid FTFTW?

I don't see how they could keep Saric and get Zingis. Well, unless they offer #1, Okafor, the Lakers/Kings pick and a Sixers pick.

If they have a front court of Zingis, Simmons, Embiid with Saric coming off the bench, would Steph be interested? Wouldn't most guards?

I don't think they can trade the Lakers/Kings pick with it still pending to the Celts, unless they renegotiated that trade in the process.

What's good value for a 7-3 22 year old bidding All-Star with a ridiculous skill set and athleticism? Two lottery protected picks plus a veteran star?

(I'll just get this out of the way now.)

that depends on whether or not he can play the point.

I don't think they can trade the Lakers/Kings pick with it still pending to the Celts, unless they renegotiated that trade in the process.

Sure they can. They can say, whichever one we still have, you get. They can even qualify it by saying the Knicks whichever is better, the Sixers own pick or the one they keep.

Hell, if they can get Zingis, I'd trade as many of the Sixers' first round picks as the CBA allows them to give away. If by some miracle, the Knicks would let them keep the #1 pick this year, the next 4-5 Sixers picks will be in the mid-20s. The Knicks can have them all. Let the Sixers fill those slots with vets at minimum or near it.

How about this:

Saric, Okafor, the Lakers/Kings pick and the next two Sixers' first round picks.

Or if they had to:

#1, Saric and a Sixers pick

Not many teams could top that.

I feel confident in saying that if the Knicks trade Zinger for literally anything, they are going to lose that trade. He goes #1 in this draft or any other draft hands down IMO.

The Sixers should not hesitate to give up #1 for Zingis. He's much better than Fultz and there is no other player like Zingis.

That would give the Sixers the biggest front court in NBA history- 7'3, 7'2, 6'10 and all are really mobile.

The Sixers should not hesitate to give up #1 for Zingis. He's much better than Fultz and there is no other player like Zingis.

That would give the Sixers the biggest front court in NBA history- 7'3, 7'2, 6'10 and all are really mobile.

Are you anticipating Embiid doing donuts in his wheelchair?

(I'll just get this out of the way now.)

that depends on whether or not he can play the point.

Haha.

You may want to check out the PTR article with the "Davis Bertands is Latvian too!" argument for why Porzingus could end up on the Spurs.

@ESPNSteinLine
The Clippers, Rockets, Wizards and, yes, Cavs are among the teams that have also talked Paul George trades with Indiana, league sources say

what can the clippers offer? if blake was under contract a blake for PG swap would make sense as PG would fit way better but he's not.

@ESPNSteinLine
The Clippers, Rockets, Wizards and, yes, Cavs are among the teams that have also talked Paul George trades with Indiana, league sources say

what can the clippers offer? if blake was under contract a blake for PG swap would make sense as PG would fit way better but he's not.

They could do a sign and trade for PG/Blake

yeah but i assume blake would rather be a FA than agree to a s&t to the pacers.

Wouldn't it be the case that by being traded without a sign-and-trade, Blake could get a bigger contract from the Pacers than he could by signing with any non-Clippers team after this year?

Of course he wouldn't want to be in Indiana, but assuming he won't re-sign with LAC then this would maximize his contract ceiling, no?

@ESPNSteinLine

I just made CJ Miles + Paul George for Austin Rivers + Jamal Crawford work in the trade machine.

Which, of course, is a terrible deal for Indiana that they'd never do in a million years.

Back