• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

He was an All-Star starter (albeit at a weak C position) and he had better numbers than Butler (18.5 pts, 11.8 reb, 2.7 ast vs. 20/5.8/3.3).

He was the established star and Butler was an up and comer.

Butler was an All-Star and 2nd team All Defense that year. When you throw in blocks, steals, and turnovers then eyeballing their box scores looks about the same.

The value added stats (which are cumulative) show Butler as the most valuable player on the Bulls that year, which is even more impressive considering Butler only played 65 games. Butler was also clearly the better player in the playoffs that year.

The point where the up and coming star surpasses the all-star veteran typically happens earlier than people remember.

I'm about one more Spurs injury from saying "Screw it. Just tank for one of the Dukies."

I bumped into the nets starting center in target around the corner from the Barclays center
In the Lego aisle.

Nobody there had any idea who he is. Most benign 7 footer ever. He gives the air of being 6 ft 6 somehow

Yeah, he was a hot fantasy pickup. I knew he had a fro and a stache, so I had googled him to make sure. For some reason, the way he was studying the legos, I got the feeling he was shopping for a day-project for himeself. For real.

I'm about one more Spurs injury from saying "Screw it. Just tank for one of the Dukies."

I'm about there myself. As much as I want the playoff streak to continue, I would rather get a top lottery pick than sneak into the postseason as a 7 or 8 seed, and have no elite prospects for the future.

Opening night tonight. Who's starting the regular season thread?

Way-too-early hot takes:

Fultz doesn't look much better than last year. Still looks terrified to take an outside jumper.

A bit scared of Kyrie and Hayward not being the same players as pre-injuries in the long run, especially Hayward.

Fultz’s form on his pull-ups and his 2 foul shots was much, much better.

Way-too-early hot takes:

Fultz doesn't look much better than last year. Still looks terrified to take an outside jumper.

A bit scared of Kyrie and Hayward not being the same players as pre-injuries in the long run, especially Hayward.

Yet both teams are dangerous without those three players.

Yet both teams are dangerous without those three players.
Dangerous? Don't really see it with the Sixers. Not nearly enough shooting, and the little shooting they have (Redick) can't play any defense. I guess they could be East Finals dangerous depending on how the Raps look, but that's more an East thing than anything.

Back