• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Hayward and Horford are both top 20 players in the league. You can with with them as your two best players, and with Thomas as a third. We'll probably have to agree to disagree on that.

Lol.

James, Durant, Curry, Irving, Green, Leonard, Harden, Westbrook, Paul, Griffin, Butler, Lowry, Derozan, Lillard, Thomas, Wall, Beal, Millsap, Gasol, Conley, Davis, Cousins, George off the top of my head. Hayward probably slots in somewhere after 20. Horford would be in the 30s.

Sig didn't mention:

Greek Freak
Klay (few people would rather have Hayward or Horford than Klay)
DJ (most would rather have someone who is the best in the NBA at two things than either Hayward or Horford)
KAT
Zinger

i'm probably missing a couple, too.

Hayward and Horford are both top 20 players in the league. You can with with them as your two best players, and with Thomas as a third. We'll probably have to agree to disagree on that.

Nope and nope

EC fans here grossly overrate their teams and players.

The Celtics were legit 15-17 point underdogs in a couple of those ECF games against the Cavs. I doubt it would have been much smaller if IT was healthy. And the Cavs are gap down from the champs. Celtics really aren't in the stratosphere of winning a title, despite finishing in the final 4.

George has informed the Pacers that he'll be joining the Lakers after this season.

" I doubt it would have been much smaller if IT was healthy."

Pun intended?

George has informed the Pacers that he'll be joining the Lakers after this season.

It comes down to what the Lakers are willing to give up now for George or if Magic is willing to wait. It's not like they will get a better draft slot next year. If they draft Ball, they could trade Russell and one of the bad contracts (Deng or Mosgov).

Indiana should be willing to take one of them to get Russell.

Cavs offseason if I was managing in NBA 2k fantasy land:

Kyrie/T Thompson for Paul George/Myles Turner
Kevin Love to Celtics for Avery Bradley/Crowder types in some combination
Dump JR Smith, Shumpert, Frye contracts
Sign CP3 for 30 mil

It comes down to what the Lakers are willing to give up now for George or if Magic is willing to wait. It's not like they will get a better draft slot next year. If they draft Ball, they could trade Russell and one of the bad contracts (Deng or Mosgov).

Agree that Indy should move PG now. Should have traded him at the trade deadline last year.

Agree that Indy should move PG now. Should have traded him at the trade deadline last year.

To get PG this year, the Lakers will have to get rid of some contracts. They don't have close to enough cap space to sign him and keep the #2 pick.

Singing Ball will put them a little over $90M, thus they will have to move about $20M in salaries. Deng and Russell will be about $22.7M.

The sidebar to this is that if the Lakers get PG, it's unlikely they will get the #2-5 pick next year. Therefore, the Celtics are likely to get the Kings' pick in 2019. Too bad Danny.

Last edited:
is there any chance the C's back out of this trade? They are like the anti-Bears. Chicago has a shit team with many holes but decided to give up multiple draft picks to get an unknown. Celtics are competitive and are 1 or 2 pieces away from being the team in the EC and yet they continue to just stockpile assets.

I like vwls Cavs moves, but realistically the Cavs have to offer KLove + whatever flotsam for PG right? Seeing as how everyone knows he wants to play in LA they aren't going to get very good offers and LeBron may be gone after 2018 anyway. Might as well go all in for 2017.

I like vwls Cavs moves, but realistically the Cavs have to offer KLove + whatever flotsam for PG right? Seeing as how everyone knows he wants to play in LA they aren't going to get very good offers and LeBron may be gone after 2018 anyway. Might as well go all in for 2017.

Yes. Back on planet earth, I would think the Cavs would try to rent PG for a season (and convince w/ a higher than lakers offer after) in exchange for a Love based package?

Maybe Cavs can trade the 2 furthest out 1st round picks that are legal to trade unprotected as the core for PG. Basically just shove all-in and accept that they'll be the Nets for a half decade post Bron

The Nets? They'll just go back to being the Cavs.

Celtics trying to use their pics to trade for the Brow.

Celtics trying to use their pics to trade for the Brow.

The Celtics don't have enough for Davis. Even #3 this year, the Nets next year and the Lakers next year/Kings in 19 would too much of a risk for NO. They have AD completely locked up for three more seasons. To not get back an established star for a Top 5-10 player would be absolutely insane.

Why would the Lakers not wait?

Free agency is broken.

Back