• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Jimmy Butler needs to STFU and find a way to make it through the 2018-9 season with the T-Wolves while making "only" $20,445,779. He signed his contract $95,000,000; 5 year contract; honor it. After the season, he can decline his $20 million player option, and then sign with the Nets, Knicks or Clips and lead them to a 30 win season.

I agree but apparently KAT and him hate each other. I do not think that is an option.

Space Jam 2 starring LeBron is happening, I guess.

Jimmy Butler needs to STFU and find a way to make it through the 2018-9 season with the T-Wolves while making "only" $20,445,779. He signed his contract $95,000,000; 5 year contract; honor it. After the season, he can decline his $20 million player option, and then sign with the Nets, Knicks or Clips and lead them to a 30 win season.

I feel like I've seen this show recently.

I agree but apparently KAT and him hate each other. I do not think that is an option.

Apparently Butler banged KAT's woman, Braswell-Rutland style. Or was that Ish-Teague? Either way, that never ends well.

But yeah these guys need to STFU and play under their contract. Unless of course we can find a way to unload Nic Batum's contract as part of a 3-way deal.

what was the first big all-start teammate beef? I'm no NBA historian. Shaq-Kobe is the biggest I can think of.

Brent Barry - Tony Parker had this. Incidentally, 2 months after Tony Parker signs with Charlotte, Brent Barry becomes a member of the Spurs staff ...

That is an AWFUL outcome for the TWolves. If Butler knows he is not going to re-sign, then they have to get something for him this summer or they are extra screwed.

Apparently Butler banged KAT's woman, Braswell-Rutland style. Or was that Ish-Teague? Either way, that never ends well.

But yeah these guys need to STFU and play under their contract. Unless of course we can find a way to unload Nic Batum's contract as part of a 3-way deal.

link??

That is an AWFUL outcome for the TWolves. If Butler knows he is not going to re-sign, then they have to get something for him this summer or they are extra screwed.

But what are they realistically going to get for him? They have to take on somebody's shitty contract to make the salaries work (again, Nic Batum), which likely puts them in a worse position then playing out the year with Butler and letting him walk, taking his contract with him. Right now they have a dude for one year whose play should roughly equal his contract cost; to trade him at that salary means they likely take on someone else's trash in terms of production relative to contract.

what was the first big all-start teammate beef? I'm no NBA historian. Shaq-Kobe is the biggest I can think of.

Jimmy Jackson and Jason Kidd had a pretty big clash over a girl (female pop star, right?) back in the Mavericks "3 J's" era.

Kawhi in pain with that laugh.

That Kawhi laugh, oh god. He's a sociopath or an alien disguised as a human.

Back