• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

RedSoxFaithful

a vicar in a tutu
Reaction score
Guys! It's the OFFSEASON now, and after the horrible snoozefest that was the 2017 NBA Playoffs, I'm excited. The NBA is back!

And of course, the Kings are thinkin' about kicking things off with another stupid trade.

Yay! Also, LEBRON SHAVED HIS HEAD.

here are the other, more boring stories:
-jerry west is leaving the dubs for the clips
-the clips are tryna move to a new stadium in inglewood
-the dubs may or may not go to the white house to celebrate their championship
-and so on

let's talk

Last edited:
Geez Kings. Take Fox and either Collins, gut out a tough season and draft well next year. You don't mess with #5, #10, and #34 in a deep draft.

The real story of the Warriors should be that every team three really good picks away from having a top team. Just don't screw it up like the Thunder did.

It would take several years for a new Clippers' stadium in Inglewood. They would have to knock down the Forum, clean it up and build it while they building the football stadium on the same property. Well, unless they are willing to play at the Forum, which is very doubtful.

Last edited:
Geez Kings. Take Fox and either Collins, gut out a tough season and draft well next year. You don't mess with #5, #10, and #34 in a deep draft.

The real story of the Warriors should be that every team three really good picks away from having a top team. Just don't screw it up like the Thunder did.

Three really good picks that love playing together. That was the difference between the Warriors and Thunder.

Three really good picks that love playing together. That was the difference between the Warriors and Thunder.

Thunder also weren't beneficiaries of a unique set of financial circumstances that made it easy to keep those three picks together and poach their main conference competitor's best player.

Signing a future MVP to a cheap second deal (even by pre TV deal standards) and then having the cap jump $40 million right as your core is reaching its peak isn't a set of circumstances likely to repeat itself.

They had the opportunity to have 3 MVP caliber players on the same team and cheaped out

I don't think Harden and CP3 are a great fit together

Yeah, but before that, they didn't need to trade Harden. It was only because their ownership was cheap that they did

it did lead to them panicking and giving a max deal to enes kanter, which is low key one of the funniest gm moves in modern nba history

I don't think Harden and CP3 are a great fit together

i do agree with this. harden thrives by being an on-ball guy. they could probably make it work (and houston would obviously be better with cp3 than with beverley), but they wouldn't be using either guy to their fullest potential in that scenario

They couldn't make it work unless Harden doesn't want to handle the ball.

Kings are idiots.

Draft Tatum and Zach Collins or Nkitilina, who may surprise.

#34 has lots of potential with Sindarius, Dozier, Hart.

I like Tyler Dorsey a lot as a sleeper stuck mid to late round 2.

I also like picking up Boucher really late, then re-hab him. He can shoot.

They'll screw it up.

Kings are idiots.

Draft Tatum and Zach Collins or Nkitilina, who may surprise.

#34 has lots of potential with Sindarius, Dozier, Hart.

I like Tyler Dorsey a lot as a sleeper stuck mid to late round 2.

I also like picking up Boucher really late, then re-hab him. He can shoot.

They'll screw it up.

If they're set on getting a PG with one of those first two picks, Smith might fall to #10 anyway.

I'm skeptical on Fox. Love his game for college, but bro is sliiiiiiiiiiiight and can't shoot.

I like dude, though, so hope I'm way off.

Celtics and Sixers in trade talks. Rumor is the Celtics getting the #3 and change including a future 1st round pick for the #1 pick.

Back