• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Here is a list of players I will talk about with my grandchildren one day:

Tim Duncan
Giannis
Kemba
Tony Allen

No lie. I was talking about Bargnani on Saturday but I couldn't remember his name. I was talking to a Knicks fan friend about shitty Knick players who went high in the draft.

Several sources have indicated Miranda Kerr would be willing if palmab03 could swap bodies with Joe Managanello.

Cavs and David Griffin "parting ways".

Gilbert gonna Gilbert

"It makes no sense why he shouldn't get an extension," James told ESPN. "He's pulled every move -- he's tried to make every move happen -- to better this team to be able to compete for a championship. So we wouldn't be in this position, obviously, without him and without the guys that are here -- from the coaching staff to the players to Griff. He's been a big piece of it."

Some of y'all are going to be very disappointed when you find out how little you grandkids care about how things were in the old days and how they only like you for giving them presents

Not quite grandkids, but one of the most fun conversations I've had was two years ago talking 90s NBA with my buddy and his 10 year old while shooting hoops.

Will you tell your grandkids where you were when numbers confirmed that I wasn't coming to Wake?

It's just a weird standard to set. Are you planning to tell your grandkids about watching Porzingis, who you have already placed at that level?

Hell, I'm not planning on talking to my grandkids about Dirk Nowitzki, who led a team (a WESTERN CONERENCE team!) to a title.

triggered

Some of y'all are going to be very disappointed when you find out how little you grandkids care about how things were in the old days and how they only like you for giving them presents

Truth. I was trying to get my own kids to watch the Lakers/Celtics 30 for 30 last week, especially the Magic/Bird parts and they were like "how old is this? its not even in HD!" I tried.

My 8 year old daughter was mesmerized by the lakers/celtics 30 for 30.

#winning

LOL. Lebron is stocking up on the PGs he saw win championships as a teenager.

I guess Avery Johnson will replace Lue eventually.

Cavs and David Griffin "parting ways".

Makes LeBron leaving easy. "Sorry fam. I did everything I could but Gilbert just disrespected me over and over. I love you but can't play for a man I don't respect. Oh, I'm heading West so I won't need to play 'my heart' 4 times a year. Also I want to play with best friends and am doing for the vet min."

sam amico had an interesting tweet storm about this. sounds mostly like dan gilbert is being a butthole. griffin willing to go all in for 2017/2018, gilbert was afraid to do so. also griffin wanted to be paid like a top GM, his old salary was near bottom of league.

Dan Gilbert low key might be the NBA's Dan Snyder only saved by the fact the GOAT was born next door to his team's city

Here is a list of players I will talk about with my grandchildren one day:

Tim Duncan
Giannis
Kemba
Tony Allen

Would be good if our children marry because then we can have this hypo talk together. I will throw in Parker, Manu and CP3 on my end though. As well as Gary Payton and Reign man Shawn Kemp. As well as Tom Chambers and Larry Nance Sr. And also Mario Elie and Craig Ehlo.

Back