• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

My grandkids will hear a lot about:

- Len Bias
- Rodney Rogers
- Patrick Ewing and the Georgetown Hoyas
- Childress and Duncan
- Julius Erving
- Muggsy Bogues

i will tell my grandchildren all about the time larry nance jr baptized david west on national television

i will tell my grandchildren all about the time larry nance jr baptized david west on national television

Being posterized is nothing. The only people who haven't been posterized are those who haven't played very often with people who can dunk. Although I've been under the hoop and gotten dunked on, I think my biggest posterizations didn't happen like that.

I think my biggest one led me to closing in on Bob Beamon's long flight record. John Cappelletti was driving to the basket when I tried to play defense. The next thing I remember is being in heal against the gym wall with Cappy standing over me asking if I was OK. He said he didn't even feel me banging into him. One of the guys told me that when Cappy hit me in the lane I took flight and only stopped because I hit the wall.

I would have loved to have a picture of me crumbled against the wall with Cappy looking puzzled over me.

At another park I was the 17yo, new kid at the Narberth weekend game. They had two courts, played 4-on-4 halfcourt, round robin. If you weren't picked in the Top 32, you couldn't call winners. You could hang around and watch or hope someone had to leave. After a few weeks, I started getting picked every week.

I had my own Chill on McInnis moment there. As a sort of hazing (and the fact that no one wanted to cover this guy), they put me on Herbie Magee. Although he had recently won the D2 national championship as a coach at Philadelphia Textile, he was still in his twenties and the best shooter I had ever seen. Just to fuck with me, after checking the ball, they threw it to Herbie about 6-8' beyond the top the key- swish. Next time they had the ball, the same thing. My teammates told me to go out and cover him 30' from the basket. So, I did. I had to. I was the kid. He gets the ball, pump fakes me, takes a couple of dribbles, waits for me to recover and drains a FT line J. He smiled and handed me the ball, "Is this what you are looking for?"

Maybe in another ten or fifteen years, you'll have some fun life stories. I'm not holding my breath, but it could happen.

Adrian W is reporting Pau will opt out but re-sign for less over more years to give Spurs some more cap space.

I was posterized by dahntay jones in a pickup game while he was at dook

Until Steph Curry, I had never seen anyone who could shoot like Herb Magee. When he played, there were no threes and he was about 5'9. So, he had no shot at playing pro ball. I think he got his head coaching job at about 25. Since then, he has won over 1000 games as HC at one school. Lots of people have wondered what would have happened if he had taken a Big 5 job, but he was one of the few people who was telling the truth saying he was happy where he was and didn't need to prove anything to anyone.

What's good value for a 7-3 22 year old bidding All-Star with a ridiculous skill set and athleticism? Two lottery protected picks plus a veteran star?

Back