• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Zeller is 7 feet tall. he's a traditional 5. they drafted him to be a 4 because he hit a bunch of 3s in the Hornets private workout and Arlington had the youtube clip and was all in and after one year it was clear he wasn't a good 4 but he's actually a pretty good 5 now but he's kind of injury prone and Arlington I miss you come back

D'Angelo Russell will be/is a good player, he's just got the breaking up Iggy Azalea/Swaggy P thing against him. Not many dudes under 21 have that many 20 point games. No to mentions decent assists/reb potential. Once he's 25 that'll blow over.

With how serious Lakers fans are about basketball, tanking for 3 years to spend two #2 picks on a PG, and ended up with the Lavar Ball nightmare, and maybe having a bust like Ingram is lol bad. I kinda wish I couldn't walk to work so I can listen to local radio again on the drive home.

Eh, Dwight still averaged 13 pts and 13 boards a game and started 74 games

I think the NBA has moved away from Dwight's skillset being super valuable

Clips shopping DJ, maybe for the suns #4 pick

Suns will laugh in the Logo's face. DAJ's value is poo poo. Dare I say Dawight 3 years younger.

http://insider.espn.com/nba/insider...awks-charlotte-hornets-deal-dwight-howard-nba

Hawks: D
Hornets: A-

Why, given the Hawks are taking on the worse contract and the worse players, are they the ones trading down in the second round too?

If Atlanta was so desperate to be rid of Howard, the Hawks probably would have been better off just telling him not to report to the team and waiting out his contract than making this trade. Maybe no market ever would have materialized for Howard's services, but at least they'd be out of the deal a year sooner than they will be with Plumlee.

Kawhi cut off his braids.

DCz8n-TVwAEi5Ey.jpg:large

After sleeping on this trade, I'm even more bewildered that Trader Cho pulled it off. We gave up a Plumlee on an absolutely horrible contract, Belinelli who is a fungible chucker at best, and a mid-second round pick for a HOF defensive center who averaged 13-13 last season who is on a shorter bad contract than Plumlee, and we also get the first pick in the second round in a loaded draft? Worst-case scenario, we gave up our two least-tradeable players/contracts for a shorter bad contract, and now have a guy who is significantly more tradeable than the bum we gave up. Throw in that Dawight played his best seasons with Clifford and might actually be able to contribute, and it is crazy how lopsided this is.

Clippers trying to trade Jordan to the Suns for Chandler and the #4 pick.

Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: "grandpa, who was andrea bargnani?"

It's worth debating whether or not Jordan is a necessary piece for a championship roster. Trading him with the goal of getting Tatum is hilarious.

Back