• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Clips have nothing to offer for #4. DeAndre Jordan isn't even close.

Big fan of Bellinelli. Productive reserve. Will replace Korver. Howard is somehow a locker room cancer. My guess this is as much about keeping Milsap than anything. No adult player seems to dig Howard's schtick. It is only workable if he is a top 5 player. He is a top 50 player at best. Could work if Jordan, who IS an adult, comes in and just embarrasses him to being somewhat of a pro.

Don't get me wrong, Howard is not a bad guy, just an awful/distracting teammate. Take it from someone who has an 8 year old. Fart and poop jokes get old quick. Milsap is like a granddad out there comparatively, ringing every ounce of skill out of his talent, hitting his ceiling so to speak, and staying there for 5+ years, no small feat. Howard hit his at 22 before his back trouble. I think his problem is that his back is too fucked up for him to lift weights obsessively, which seemed to be his one great focus. He was just a total beast. Now, there are 15 players like who him and he can get bumped and pushed around. He has not adapted. He does have legit athleticism still. he hasn't lost his legs, just his strength.

It's crazy how much worth a pick has until the dude starts playing

Not even that long. It is really once the pick is made and simply becomes a player. No fucking way should anyone trade the #4 pick for DJ; oh fuck yes trade Jayson Tatum straight up for DJ all day every day.

But then again maybe you accidentally trade Kobe Bryant for vlade

It's crazy how much worth a pick has until the dude starts playing

BINGO!!! DJ has his warts but is the best rebounder in the NBA, one of the two or three shot blockers and is in the prime of his career. Now compare that to a totally unproven, 19/20 yo who has to learn the NBA. They could become great in a couple of years, but it's far from a lock that they will ever make an All Star game, lead the league in rebounding, blocked shots or FG%.

Could that pick be better than DJ? Yes.
Is it close to being definite? Not close

You have to consider where the team with the pick is. By the time the Suns have any chance of being good, Jordan will be too old. His contract is also up in 2 years. That trade would be lol dumb.

Are you nervous about Ainge wasting draft picks on losers again?

DJ has at least another 5-7 years at or near the top of the NBA in his specialties. With a backcourt of Bledsoe, Booker and Knight, they need a big guy. TJ Warren improved a lot last year. There's no reason not to expect him to continue to improve over the next few years.

There are no bigs worth taking at #4. There certainly aren't any who project to be the defender and rebounder at DJ's level in the entire draft. Add that to having an improving SF and a full backcourt and this isn't a LOL bad trade.

After sleeping on this trade, I'm even more bewildered that Trader Cho pulled it off. We gave up a Plumlee on an absolutely horrible contract, Belinelli who is a fungible chucker at best, and a mid-second round pick for a HOF defensive center who averaged 13-13 last season who is on a shorter bad contract than Plumlee, and we also get the first pick in the second round in a loaded draft? Worst-case scenario, we gave up our two least-tradeable players/contracts for a shorter bad contract, and now have a guy who is significantly more tradeable than the bum we gave up. Throw in that Dawight played his best seasons with Clifford and might actually be able to contribute, and it is crazy how lopsided this is.

This is a legitimately terrible trade for the Hawks that I honestly think can only be explained by Dwight being just *that* difficult to have around. I might even have preferred to simply stretch Dwight rather than take on Plumlee's contract AND get a worse draft pick.

So were the Hornets the only takers?

Just off the top of my head, teams don't trade star players within the division very often.

So were the Hornets the only takers?

Just off the top of my head, teams don't trade star players within the division very often.

But you trade a team cancer within the division any chance you get

But you trade a team cancer within the division any chance you get

Haha. I hope Dwight stopped by The Beacon on the way to Charlotte.

You have to consider where the team with the pick is. By the time the Suns have any chance of being good, Jordan will be too old. His contract is also up in 2 years. That trade would be lol dumb.

Let's look at the #4 picks going back to 2010:

16 - Dragen Bender
15 - Porzingis
14 - Aaron Gorden
13 - Cody Zeller
12 - Waiters
11 - Tristan Thompson
10 - Wes Johnson

Porzingis is the only guy that is clearly better than DJ. Any other you would trade straight up for DJ in a second, regardless of age; maybe not Zeller when factoring both age and contract, but that is certainly debatable. I don't know how you can LOL at that trade when you have a >50% chance of that pick turning out to be a trash "asset". Not only does adding DJ improve the team immediately, but makes it a more attractive destination for proven FAs to help long term.

Kawhi cut off his braids.

DCz8n-TVwAEi5Ey.jpg:large

It appears this was a hoax.
https://www.poundingtherock.com/2017/6/21/15847716/kawhi-leonard-cornrows-cut-prank-exposed

Let's look at the #4 picks going back to 2010:

16 - Dragen Bender
15 - Porzingis
14 - Aaron Gorden
13 - Cody Zeller
12 - Waiters
11 - Tristan Thompson
10 - Wes Johnson

Porzingis is the only guy that is clearly better than DJ. Any other you would trade straight up for DJ in a second, regardless of age; maybe not Zeller when factoring both age and contract, but that is certainly debatable. I don't know how you can LOL at that trade when you have a >50% chance of that pick turning out to be a trash "asset". Not only does adding DJ improve the team immediately, but makes it a more attractive destination for proven FAs to help long term.

Everyone get you food and water. Then go to your bunkers. 2&2 and I agree about something.

Also add to this, that there are no bigs who deserve to be taken anywhere near #4. This is the #1 need for PHX. They don't need a guard and Warren is becoming a very good SF.

Back