• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

Anyone know the skeletons in Bud Foster's closet? Have heard those mentioned as the reason why he never got a head coaching gig.

Texas A&M is the real winner of the Chip Kelly Bowl

Anyone know the skeletons in Bud Foster's closet? Have heard those mentioned as the reason why he never got a head coaching gig.

I don't get how skeletons could keep him from being a head coach but it doesn't affect him being one of the most well-known assistants in the country.

What a great weekend.

Deacs win.

UNC, State, FSU, UF, Texas, A&M, and Baylor loss.

Lane Kiffin gets curb stomped in his FAU debut.

I don't get how skeletons could keep him from being a head coach but it doesn't affect him being one of the most well-known assistants in the country.

I'm pretty sure that it is written in the TV contract that whenever VT is televised the announcers have to call it "Bud Foster's defense" and mention "Bud Foster" at least 5 times each quarter.

I have heard that he does not want to be a head coach. He has had several offers while at VT, but just likes doing what he does where he does it. It does not hurt that he is well paid.

Yeah. At this point, he probably gets paid as much as he'd make in all but a two dozen or so jobs.

Yeah. At this point, he probably gets paid as much as he'd make in all but a two dozen or so jobs.

Nothing wrong with being happy with what you're doing. He may have no desire to be the face of a program. Heck, I think I've only seen him interviewed a few times, probably not the type that wants to have to do the pressers, coach's shows, and all the PR that comes from being the head coach.

Yep. He gets paid, enjoys what he does, has job security most could only dream of, his family is probably happy. And he is a face of the program without having much of the pressure and responsibility that comes with it.

The 34-point comeback is frankly the kind of thing I would expect to happen to Jim Mora, not the other way around

Yep. He gets paid, enjoys what he does, has job security most could only dream of, his family is probably happy. And he is a face of the program without having much of the pressure and responsibility that comes with it.

Sounds good to me.
I'm sure most of us would love to have a situation like that.

I have heard that he does not want to be a head coach. He has had several offers while at VT, but just likes doing what he does where he does it. It does not hurt that he is well paid.

Yeah, this just isn't the case.

He's pursued several HC positions outside of VT, plus he made a strong play for the VT spot post-Beamer.

He's a rough-edged guy. He likes his whiskey.

I don't think he'd be a great front man for many schools, and ADs seem to think the same.

No reasons. He loves Blacksburg, they love him there and he has a ton of rental property there. Fuentes wanted him to stay. The Hokie fans I know well say he did not really want to leave and really did not pursue jobs like he could have. He is a Hokie life and happy.

No reasons. He loves Blacksburg, they love him there and he has a ton of rental property there. Fuentes wanted him to stay. The Hokie fans I know well say he did not really want to leave and really did not pursue jobs like he could have. He is a Hokie life and happy.

And yet the VT fan disagrees with all of these sunshine and rainbows posts

And that 65 hours he works a week as a coordinator instead of the 85 he would work as a HC allow for an extra 20 hours of being a raging alcoholic.

Back