• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

Down to the last second, Marshall did everything possible to lead his team to a win. Gutsy as hell to even get that last pass off while getting drilled.

Sorry.vad. Classic example of "snatching defeat..."

Wow, I quit flipping over to the the A&M-UCLA game Sunday night because I thought it was over and I turned off the Tech-UT last night when Tech went up 28-14 thinking it was over. I guess it is true, not over until it's over.

The fumble with 3:30 left, the missed FG, the blocked FG, the failed two point conversion. So many opportunities to win the game and they couldn't finish.

Hard to believe that GaTech cannot get a decent kicker. The kid was a walk on!

Hard to believe that GaTech cannot get a decent kicker. The kid was a walk on!

This happens to several teams each season. Why is there such a dearth in kicking talent? It's a position that can matter.

Yeah, I've never understood the lack of kicking talent, and think it's more of a mental than physical issue. We had kids on the HS soccer team that would come over and mess around before football practice and consistently nail 45+ yarders, having never practiced kicking a football.

The GT kid duck hooked one that missed by 40 yards, and kicked a knuckle ball from 35 that almost hit the DL in the face. Surely he doesn't do those things in practice, or he wouldn't be out there. Announcers said he was drilling 53 yarders before the game in warm-ups.

Yeah, I've never understood the lack of kicking talent, and think it's more of a mental than physical issue. We had kids on the HS soccer team that would come over and mess around before football practice and consistently nail 45+ yarders, having never practiced kicking a football.

The GT kid duck hooked one that missed by 40 yards, and kicked a knuckle ball from 35 that almost hit the DL in the face. Surely he doesn't do those things in practice, or he wouldn't be out there. Announcers said he was drilling 53 yarders before the game in warm-ups.

It's easier to hit field goals without 21 other guys playing football around you.

It's easier to hit field goals without 21 other guys playing football around you.

Kind of like the driving range compared to the first tee. You can be drilling tee shots on the range, but sometimes things change on that walk to the first tee.

GT had a tremendous kicker the past 3 years - last night was the new kickers first game, not obviously an ideal situation. Still ... those misses were BAAAAAAAD.

The fumble at the UT 10 yard line when GT was icing the game was the real brutal one though. Just inexcusable.

Wow, I quit flipping over to the the A&M-UCLA game Sunday night because I thought it was over and I turned off the Tech-UT last night when Tech went up 28-14 thinking it was over. I guess it is true, not over until it's over.

Meh......more back to normal now. SEC was 3-0 this weekend against the ACC. Clemson has a chance this weekend to get one back against Auburn. After that it is almost waiting till Thanksgiving weekend for all the rivalry games to get them back.

Back