• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

Miami at Arkansas State cancelled.

(Yeah, the U was playing at Arkansas State. Makes me feel better about going to App.)

It was scheduled for 3:30 on ESPNU. I assume there's no chance our game will get moved to that slot though.

Miami at Arkansas State cancelled.

(Yeah, the U was playing at Arkansas State. Makes me feel better about going to App.)

It was scheduled for 3:30 on ESPNU. I assume there's no chance our game will get moved to that slot though.

Miami played at App last year. I just wish we had gotten a 2 for 1 on the deal.

The latest bottom 10 is out: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/bottom090617/bottom-10-texas-longhorns-texas-aggies-suffer-shocking-opening-losses

Got to wonder what ECU was thinking when they fired Ruffin McNeil. Lambert's seat at Charlotte must be getting toasty. 49ers football is pathetic.

The Bottom 10!
It's back!
Deja vu all over again.

Back in the mid 70's, this was a regular weekly poll.
Wake was typically ranked near the top............so was Florida State.

Wake's inclusion into someone's football bottom ten lasted so long it qualified for tenure. The good old days.

In their game this past week vs Fordham, Army became the first team to rush for 500 yards without completing a pass since 1997, when Ohio U. ran for 612 yards in a 47-7 win against Eastern Michigan. Kudos to Jim Grobe for still holding the record.

The Bottom 10!
It's back!
Deja vu all over again.

Back in the mid 70's, this was a regular weekly poll.
Wake was typically ranked near the top............so was Florida State.

Wake's inclusion into someone's football bottom ten lasted so long it qualified for tenure. The good old days.

Any college football bottom 10 that doesn't include Wake Forest College is a joke morons.

Yeah, I was really wondering how my post could've warranted a "meh" response?

Meh, exactly 8 of the last 11 natty's would do it. So things are back to normal with opening big game ACC chokes or bad performances when facing SEC teams. Clemson can usually handle it now. But both UNC & NC State have lost to worse SC teams while playing in the Belk game opening in 2015 & 2017. Getting outcoached by Spurrier & now Muschamp or under coached by Fedora & Doeren. GT just choked with a typical fumble. They still are a player in the Coastal. FSU just choked as a team then got their QB hurt. They are now relegated to no better than a 2nd place finish in the Atlantic while having to win in with their defense.

But there is still hope--Auburn @ Clemson this weekend and of course the final weekend gets UGa @ GT, Clemson @ SC, FSU @ Florida & Louisville @ KY. Those games will probably go 3-2 in the ACC's favor.

fsu choked in losing to the number 1 ranked team? interesting take

That means they must be pretty good.

I.e. If I 'choked' and lost in golf to Jordan Speith, one would assume I was pretty good.

That means they must be pretty good.

I.e. If I 'choked' and lost in golf to Jordan Speith, one would assume I was pretty good.

Since when did the definition of "choking" become getting beat by a better team? Bama is just better than everybody else right now and I mean that as a program, not just for one game. Yeah Clemson beat them in the title game and deserved to be national champions, but year in and year out Bama is on the top of the mountain. Honestly I think Dabo has probably got Clemson nipping at Bama's heels closer then anybody right now. If Clemson gets back to the playoffs this year after losing Watson and others, then that's impressive.

Edited to add: I can't stand Bama

I am kinda glad the decision to not give Wake/BC TV coverage has backfired at least slightly with FSU losing Francois and the game getting moved out of primetime and GT failing to win as well.

Interested to see if it's the one Power 5 conference matchup all year that doesn't air on TV at all all year

reff has always had a hard-on for the SEC (rooting for a conference as a whole just seems odd to me; Bama is great; it doesn't mean that South Carolina is great). Whenever he gets the chance to blabber on about the SEC, the gas bag always takes it a step too far.

FSU's offense did suck, but their special teams were worse. Bama deserves some credit for that. The FSU loss doesn't fit my understanding of "choking" (the Texas A&M loss to UCLA did), but the bottom line is Bama proved to be the better team, although Bama only mustered 269 yards for the game; it's not like FSU was completely outclassed.

Last edited:
reff has always had a hard-on for the SEC (rooting for a conference as a whole just seems odd to me; Bama is great; it doesn't mean that South Carolina is great). Whenever he gets the chance to blabber on about the SEC, the gas bag always takes it a step too far.

FSU's offense did suck, but their special teams were worse. Bama deserves some credit for that. The FSU loss doesn't fit my understanding of "choking" (the Texas A&M loss to UCLA did), but the bottom line is Bama proved to be the better team, although Bama only mustered 269 yards for the game; it's not like FSU was completely outclassed.

If TheReff were a fan of an SEC team who had actually accomplished something (like a Bama/LSU/Florida/Tenn/Georgia/Auburn...literally half the conference), his tired, SEC slobbering shtick would still be tired, but at least slightly understandable.....the fact that he is a Gamecock fan doing all of this constant crowing just makes it more pathetic than anything. I guess their highlight of the past decade is making the SEC championship game once and then losing to Auburn by about a billion points.....congrats? :confused:

If TheReff were a fan of an SEC team who had actually accomplished something (like a Bama/LSU/Florida/Tenn/Georgia/Auburn...literally half the conference), his tired, SEC slobbering shtick would still be tired, but at least slightly understandable.....the fact that he is a Gamecock fan doing all of this constant crowing just makes it more pathetic than anything. I guess their highlight of the past decade is making the SEC championship game once and then losing to Auburn by about a billion points.....congrats? :confused:

Before the recent baseball success, Scar probably had the worst athletic history out of all of the power conference schools. They still might actually. Only natural they would look for any bit of glory they can find, even if it is really someone else's glory.

Back