• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

I mean they won 2 baseball nattys, went to a final four and won 11 football games, not to mention the womens basketball natty and final 4 all pretty recently. I think a lot of places would take that. But yeah just because the SEC is good doesn't mean that your team is good.

Meh, exactly 8 of the last 11 natty's would do it. So things are back to normal with opening big game ACC chokes or bad performances when facing SEC teams. Clemson can usually handle it now. But both UNC & NC State have lost to worse SC teams while playing in the Belk game opening in 2015 & 2017. Getting outcoached by Spurrier & now Muschamp or under coached by Fedora & Doeren. GT just choked with a typical fumble. They still are a player in the Coastal. FSU just choked as a team then got their QB hurt. They are now relegated to no better than a 2nd place finish in the Atlantic while having to win in with their defense.

But there is still hope--Auburn @ Clemson this weekend and of course the final weekend gets UGa @ GT, Clemson @ SC, FSU @ Florida & Louisville @ KY. Those games will probably go 3-2 in the ACC's favor.

It was an incoherent response to a post where I was simply stating that I gave up on 2 games that liked like done deals, but great comebacks were made. One of them wasn't even and ACC-SEC matchup, in fact one was an SEC-PAC 12 matchup where an SEC team massively choked, which you failed to mention. Point is my post had nothing to do with SEC-ACC, so I guess Spot was right, you were just being a dick.

Blacked out word is the n word.

i

Pretty random to list Houston Country Club's address as the return. Also, I'm guessing it was a 50+ year old woman because: A. People under 50 don't use cursive, and B. Men don't write that fancy.

I mean they won 2 baseball nattys, went to a final four and won 11 football games, not to mention the womens basketball natty and final 4 all pretty recently. I think a lot of places would take that. But yeah just because the SEC is good doesn't mean that your team is good.

Yup, they are on a good run right now. For a long time it was pretty bleak though.

Their first national championship was the 2005 women's equestrian championship. Their first NCAA national championship was the baseball one in 2010.

I think I properly researched this shortly after that first baseball title. I think it was pretty clear cut they were ahead of Washington State but that was pretty much it. They have probably pulled ahead of a few other programs with the second baseball title and recent basketball success.

Let's be real. The SEC is anchored in places nobody cares about except on college football Saturdays and Super Tuesday primaries.

Yeah, like people give a fuck about Raleigh, Tallahassee, and Blacksburg.

People in Boston, Miami, and New York aren't carrying the water for ACC football and people across this great land aren't on the edge of their seats for daily news from Clemson either.

Don't really get a Wake first fan being an obnoxious SEC homer.

Blacked out word is the n word.

i

TAMU fans convinced that it was some "liberal sip SJW". Well, except for the disturbing number of them that think the Sumlins faked the whole thing.

Yup, no way there are any racists in that bunch.

TAMU fans convinced that it was some "liberal sip SJW". Well, except for the disturbing number of them that think the Sumlins faked the whole thing.

Yup, no way there are any racists in that bunch.

Who ever did it and whatever their motivation was to do it, its sick and disgusting.

This is the best slate of Saturday night games I've seen in awhile.

Maryland killing their "little brother" Towson 63-14in 4th qtr.

Back