• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

Loved seeing ND lose a heartbreaker to my Dogs (note non-redneck spelling). Not really impressed with them though given their talent level.

Huh,did you see the defense perform tonight ? Georgia would have won easily had it not been for a true freshman qb making his first start and having trouble with handoffs and a bad INT.

JJ Arcega-Whiteside just made two incredible grabs to pull Stanford without two scores. He was a huge recruiting miss.

He would have looked great in old gold and black. Incidentally, I had no idea that he was born in Zaragoza, Spain. Moved here when he was six.

Huh,did you see the defense perform tonight ? Georgia would have won easily had it not been for a true freshman qb making his first start and having trouble with handoffs and a bad INT.

Yeah, the defense played pretty well. But the offense remains unimaginative IMO. As I said, given the talent level and recruiting power. UGA should play more like Clemson, but never has. They seem to want to model themselves after Alabama, which I don't think they'll ever be successful at. Maybe it's an SEC thing. I dislike SEC football generally and find their brand of football dull for some reason. I think I said before that I wasn't impressed with the Smart hire.

Started a freshman QB last night, So I think that's part of the reason for the lack of imagination on offense last night. Georgia doesn't have the depth that Alabama does and needs to develop that if they want to play like them; especially along the OL and DL. Georgia needs a tall dominant receiver to play like Clemson. A mobile QB would be nice, and that's what Bama has now too.

Really loved watching the Stunkeyes getting rolled by OK, the Domers getting beat with their arrogant Coach Kelly, us winning easily at BC and of course, the Cheaters having such an awesome defensive performance! Of course The Hat Man says nothing needs changing on his D.

No idea how tOSU only dropped to #8 in the new AP poll.

No idea how tOSU only dropped to #8 in the new AP poll.

Absolutely ridiculous. They were dominated at home. Got to believe some voters ranked them in the teens if not worse after that loss, which means some clowns with a vote must had tOSU in the top 5 or 6 after getting worked at home. Indefensible.

Absolutely ridiculous. They were dominated at home. Got to believe some voters ranked them in the teens if not worse after that loss, which means some clowns with a vote must had tOSU in the top 5 or 6 after getting worked at home. Indefensible.

Penn State at home on 10/28 is tOSU's only difficult game before closing out the season at Michigan. They should be back up to #5 by the time they play Penn State.

Really wish there were still some tOSU players on the field when Mayfield went full douchebag and tried to plant a flag in artificial turf. Would have loved to see a brawl.

Really wish there were still some tOSU players on the field when Mayfield went full douchebag and tried to plant a flag in artificial turf. Would have loved to see a brawl.

He's a spastic donk, but there was schadenfreude watching him desecrate the horseshoe.

Last edited:

Fucking love that guy. I just hope he stays healthy because I don't think there's a more exciting player in CFB now or the last few years, and that includes Lamar Jackson. If he was on another team, he'd be the guy I love to hate. Arrogant, brash, shittalker to the max, and plays out of his mind most of the time. Exactly what OU needed to breathe life back into the program. Stoops stepping down appears to be a bonus at this point. Jury was still out on Riley before the tOSU game, but looks like he's up to the task. He is also bringing much needed youthful energy to the head of the program, while tempering it with seasoned hands like Ruffin McNeal. D surprised me on Saturday. And O stepped up big time without their best wideout in Andrews.

I am actually pulling for Clemson (it's hard) over the cheaters Saturday night and secretly hoping Petrino has a Woody Hayes style meltdown. Or something to that effect. Screw Louisville.

And please, I wish there were some ESPN hype over the game - maybe a promo or two.

Back