• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

IU's QB blows. What'd he throw, like 5 picks against us? Some of the worst accuracy I've ever seen.

That was his 3rd start of his career and he did throw for 500 yards in that game. He's 6'6" with a big arm. By no means do I think IU will beat OSU but it could be an interesting one if Lagow gets time to throw.

Looked up WSSU's coaching roster because I couldn't remember if Lobo was still there. He's not, but they do have Thabiti Davis, Ryan McManus, and Natrone Means. I had no idea.

Lobo has been at Air Force for awhile.

I love Michigan -4 and NC State -5 against USC should be very easy money.

Jake Bentley is a stud. Laying my money on the cocks there, they always seem to win these early season games, even if they aren't the better team.

Clemson and Dabo just agreed to an 8 year extension that will pay Swinney $6.75 million per year. (more than $50 million in total value; that goes along way in Clemson, SC).

Dabo is an elite college football coach; didn't see that coming when Clemson hired him.

Yeah what's the deal with that? Do they have road games against Hawaii and get an extra week or what?

Yeah what's the deal with that? Do they have road games against Hawaii and get an extra week or what?

Stanford plays Rice in Australia. So, they were permitted to start a week early because of the travel.

Hawaii gets an extra game because of travel.

Not sure why Oregon State v. Colorado State are starting a week early (the opener is the first game ever at CSU's new stadium) same with USF v. San Jose State .

Looks like CSU-OregSt was originally scheduled for 9/23 but they moved it up to tomorrow. ColSt isn't playing Thanksgiving weekend so they didn't have a bye week until they created one by moving this game up

Makes sense.

Interested to see if this starting the season earlier creep grows in future years. Not that I'm complaining -- kinda nice to whet the appetite with some smaller teams I won't necessarily catch when the full buffet arrives

Stanford vs Rice over 51.
Oregon St +4 @ Col St in their brand spanking new stadium but Col St has rival Colorado on deck the following week.

Interested to see if this starting the season earlier creep grows in future years. Not that I'm complaining -- kinda nice to whet the appetite with some smaller teams I won't necessarily catch when the full buffet arrives

So, you're saying these games are appetizers?

Texas Southern vs FAMU on ESPNU to kick off the season.

FAM needs to be good again. That fanbase (and band) deserves it.

I agree except plenty of them are FSU fans too.

I did a double take when I saw all these games scheduled today. Like others, I am not complaining!

this coaches film room coverage of the osu-iu game is actually kinda interesting.

Back