• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John McCain has died

A-fucking-men.

Every American needs to watch this.

Scarborough Slams Trump For Attacking ‘Dying’ McCain: ‘You Have No Humanity’

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/you-hav...-slams-trump-for-attacking-dying-john-mccain/

Here's a small snippet of Scarborough's comments. On those who are attacking and booing McCain:

If you still go to church, you need to pray for yourself this Sunday morning in church. And then when you get your head screwed on right and you start putting humanity ahead of politics, against stupidity, against the tribalism that is destroying this country, then go home and tell your children the story of John McCain,” Scarborough concluded.

Last edited:
Quiet jockeying for McCain seat angers Republicans

PHOENIX — Ambitious Republicans anxious for a shot at a U.S. Senate seat have begun quietly jockeying to be appointed as the successor to Sen. John McCain (R), even as he battles an aggressive form of brain cancer.

The lobbying campaigns, described to The Hill by half a dozen GOP strategists and aides, have angered many Republicans, who see any public chatter as disrespectful to a senator who has helped shape modern Arizona.

Chief among those upset is the man who would make an appointment, Gov. Doug Ducey (R), who issued a brushback pitch during a radio appearance last week.

“I have found it a little bit off color, some of the prognosticators and pundits who have been making these predictions as to the senator's outcome. I think people should be praying for him and rooting for him,” Ducey told KTAR radio. “To the politicians out there that have been openly lobbying for this position, they've basically disqualified themselves by showing their true character.”

Observers in Phoenix interpreted Ducey’s comments as a shot at three politicians who have been open about their interest in a Senate seat: Rep. Paul Gosar (R), former state Sen. Kelli Ward (R) and former Rep. Matt Salmon (R).

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/366699-quiet-jockeying-for-mccain-seat-angers-republicans

A lot of news in this recent report on McCain including:

-GWB and Obama to give eulogies at McCain's funeral
-Trump won't be invited
-McCain regrets picking Palin in '08. Wishes he had picked Lieberman instead.
-Cindy McCain may run for his seat when the time comes
-McCain urged Biden to not walk away from politics during a visit last weekend

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/05/politics/john-mccain-joe-biden-trump-pence/index.html

A lot of news in this recent report on McCain including:

-GWB and Obama to give eulogies at McCain's funeral
-Trump won't be invited
-McCain regrets picking Palin in '08. Wishes he had picked Lieberman instead.
-Cindy McCain may run for his seat when the time comes
-McCain urged Biden to not walk away from politics during a visit last weekend

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/05/politics/john-mccain-joe-biden-trump-pence/index.html

Rump will probably live tweet his funeral and say a bunch of horrible stuff and veterans and conservatives will say nothing.

Quiet jockeying for McCain seat angers Republicans

PHOENIX — Ambitious Republicans anxious for a shot at a U.S. Senate seat have begun quietly jockeying to be appointed as the successor to Sen. John McCain (R), even as he battles an aggressive form of brain cancer.

The lobbying campaigns, described to The Hill by half a dozen GOP strategists and aides, have angered many Republicans, who see any public chatter as disrespectful to a senator who has helped shape modern Arizona.

Chief among those upset is the man who would make an appointment, Gov. Doug Ducey (R), who issued a brushback pitch during a radio appearance last week.

“I have found it a little bit off color, some of the prognosticators and pundits who have been making these predictions as to the senator's outcome. I think people should be praying for him and rooting for him,” Ducey told KTAR radio. “To the politicians out there that have been openly lobbying for this position, they've basically disqualified themselves by showing their true character.”

Observers in Phoenix interpreted Ducey’s comments as a shot at three politicians who have been open about their interest in a Senate seat: Rep. Paul Gosar (R), former state Sen. Kelli Ward (R) and former Rep. Matt Salmon (R).

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/366699-quiet-jockeying-for-mccain-seat-angers-republicans

Damn man, that is the first time I have seen that clip. Trump is such a POS, it is unbelievable.

Which clip?

I agree that I admire him as an American for his military service and what he had to endure as a POW. And I used to admire him as a politician back in the 90s and early 00s because he mostly voted based on his beliefs and would occasionally buck his party. But I really lost respect for him in 2006-08 when he turned tail on the immigration bill with his name on it, kissed up to the religious right to get the 2008 nomination and selected Palin as his running mate.

I agree that I admire him as an American for his military service and what he had to endure as a POW. And I used to admire him as a politician back in the 90s and early 00s because he mostly voted based on his beliefs and would occasionally buck his party. But I really lost respect for him in 2006-08 when he turned tail on the immigration bill with his name on it, kissed up to the religious right to get the 2008 nomination and selected Palin as his running mate.

I agree as well. Turned into a GOP mouthpiece in 2008, which led to me seeing a lot of "McSame" bumper stickers. Also threw a hail mary with Palin, which I was ok with at the time, because I knew nothing about her. Didn't take long for that to fall apart.

Palin was a great pick on paper but they should have actually spent time with her before selecting her.

Palin was ahead of her time in the Republican Party

Agreed. He basically started talking out of both sides of his mouth. He wanted to be a "Maverick" but he didn't vote like one. If he had just voted the way he wanted to without all the B/S commentary that was inconsistent with his votes, then I don't think there would have been much basis to call him a hypocrite as far as his politics were concerned the last ten years.

I attended when McCain spoke in Wait Chapel in 2008, but I dont remember anything he said. Does anyone else remember anything about his speech?

Palin was a great pick on paper but they should have actually spent time with her before selecting her.

If Steve Schmidt is to be believed, that snafu was due to 2 different groups in McCain's campaign thinking that the other group was doing the vetting. I think Schmidt was 1 of the main consultants for the HBO movie Game Change.

That's interesting. Obviously Schmidt would want to cover his ass, but I can believe that.

Back