• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John McCain has died

If Steve Schmidt is to be believed, that snafu was due to 2 different groups in McCain's campaign thinking that the other group was doing the vetting. I think Schmidt was 1 of the main consultants for the HBO movie Game Change.

this is the type of executive leadership Republicans were anxious for instead of Barry

That's interesting. Obviously Schmidt would want to cover his ass, but I can believe that.

Yeah, I believe it. Schmidt despised Palin. And I've seen Schmidt a couple of times on some news shows, and he comes off as fairly likeable and up front for a political operative. Woody Harrelson was a great pick to play him.

Watching the McCain documentary on HBO, For Whom the Bell Tolls. Very well done.

haha. who the fuck cares. Tell some Yemeni families how classless it is.

I fucking care. Attacking a dying man - who devoted his entire life to this country - because you wish you received an iota of the respect John McCain commands is about as disgraceful and small as one can get.

Attack McCain’s policies all fucking day. Go for it.

But Trump’s attacks on a dying American patriot are fucking bush league.

trump is a petty little bitch, no doubt.

SC, he'd have to have exponentially more class than he does to reach "petty little bitch".

I'd love to see POTUS, Donnie and Jared be sent to Attica, Sing Sing and Green Haven. All apart from each other.

I fucking care. Attacking a dying man - who devoted his entire life to this country - because you wish you received an iota of the respect John McCain commands is about as disgraceful and small as one can get.

Attack McCain’s policies all fucking day. Go for it.

But Trump’s attacks on a dying American patriot are fucking bush league.

Go to town. Being a "dying American patriot" doesn't make him any less of an imperialist. Caring about the nomenclature of a giant fucking defense bill that green-lights continued funding of a humanitarian crisis is peak #resistance.

You have no human empathy. You are just like Trump.

That's really sad...

That's really sad...

I reserve my empathy for the families of 40 dead children. You like to say that I am "just like Trump" with literally no fucking argument as to why.

That's really sad...

How was John McCain harmed by this story? Why should I feel sorry for him based off this non-story? Didn't he wait until Oct '16 to rescind support for Trump after Trump said a much more offensive comment about McCain's service?

I reserve my empathy for the families of 40 dead children. You like to say that I am "just like Trump" with literally no fucking argument as to why.

His vote regarding healthcare saved millions of families. But that doesn't matter to you.

I don't agree with McCain about a lot of things, but to admit you have no empathy for a person dying a slow painful death shows how cold-hearted you truly are.

This is a man who sent others home rather than himself knowing he'd be tortured every day for staying. In his mid-50s, knowing he'd create negativity from many in his own party, he adopted an infant, orphan from Bangladesh.

But because he doesn't follow your political views, you admit to refusing the most basic of human emotions, empathy. You said you "reserve my empathy", not me.

Believe what you want to believe. Fight for it with every ounce of your strength. But you are taking a despicable, inhumane position here.

As Maya Angelou said, "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."

His vote regarding healthcare saved millions of families. But that doesn't matter to you.

I don't agree with McCain about a lot of things, but to admit you have no empathy for a person dying a slow painful death shows how cold-hearted you truly are.

This is a man who sent others home rather than himself knowing he'd be tortured every day for staying. In his mid-50s, knowing he'd create negativity from many in his own party, he adopted an infant, orphan from Bangladesh.

But because he doesn't follow your political views, you admit to refusing the most basic of human emotions, empathy. You said you "reserve my empathy", not me.

Believe what you want to believe. Fight for it with every ounce of your strength. But you are taking a despicable, inhumane position here.

As Maya Angelou said, "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."

He was fucking one of 49 votes. You suck so much. You will tell me that I am wrong to demand democrats support medicare for all, then treat McCain like a hero for not repealing ACA. Regardless of whatever bullshit calculation that allowed you to arrive at him saving millions of lives, those lives are undoubtedly offset by the deaths caused by his support of imperialism, the Iraq war, Reaganomics, etc.

McCain said Benghazi was worse that Watergate.

During this period in Florida, McCain had extramarital affairs and his marriage began to falter, about which he later stated, "The blame was entirely mine".

Also that year, he opposed creation of a federal Martin Luther King Jr. Day, but admitted in 2008: "I was wrong and eventually realized that, in time to give full support [in 1990] for a state holiday in Arizona."

He raised such a great daughter that she did what you are constantly ranting about. I voted for Clinton.

In the 2016 presidential election, she didn't vote for Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump instead writing in Evan McMullin.[17]

His votes on are on the right.

25hlpfs.jpg

2zyfxvp.jpg

125q3qw.jpg

Last edited:
As opposed to voting for Republicans who refuse to even pass universal background checks that over 85% of supports because the GOP fears the NRA?

Yep, they should vote for the GOP who wants to do away with the Department of Education, cut Pell Grants, cut student loans. Yep, that makes sense.

You're right they should be like their parents and vote against their own self-interest.

2. An amendment by Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., to expand background-check requirements to include private sales and sales over the Internet.

Outcome: Fails 44-56

Sen. John McCain: No
Sen. Jeff Flake: No

Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
As opposed to voting for Republicans who refuse to even pass universal background checks that over 85% of supports because the GOP fears the NRA?

Yep, they should vote for the GOP who wants to do away with the Department of Education, cut Pell Grants, cut student loans. Yep, that makes sense.

You're right they should be like their parents and vote against their own self-interest.
2. An amendment by Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., to expand background-check requirements to include private sales and sales over the Internet.

Outcome: Fails 44-56

Sen. John McCain: No
Sen. Jeff Flake: No

None of this excuses your lack of humanity.

Are you and he birds of a feather in showing no empathy for McCain?

It's a simple question.

I feel for the man and his family. I’ve lost friends and family to cancer. Best friend from childhood almost died of a brain tumor. I wouldn’t wish brain cancer on anybody.

Don’t patronize me with shit like that, RJ. MHB posted a pretty comprehensive critique of McCain’s political career. I agree with that critique. That’s fair game when you’re a politician. I didn’t see him defend Trump’s comments.

Fuck cancer. Fuck Trump. Fuck warmongering Republicans. Fuck warmongering Democrats.

Seriously, cancer sucks and fuck war. Probably kills more people than cancer. It would be cool if we could all agree on that, too.

Simple question.

Back