• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John McCain has died

WakeForestRanger

Reaction score
Same type Ted Kennedy had apparently. Hopefully, he makes a full recovery but seems much more serious than initial reports claimed.

Last edited:
Best wishes to a great American.

My father died last October as a result of a glioblastoma. From my experience, they are nearly impossible to successfully treat for long--I think the three year survival rate is 3%. I watched my Dad, who got an early diagnosis and was 69 when he was diagnosed, fight incredibly hard with the best treatment available at Duke, and he made it ten months. I hate to hear this about Sen. McCain.

John McCain is a tough SOB. He will fight.

20155906_10213597300794676_6972842429566509764_n.jpg

I have such equal levels of respect for Obama and disappointment. Perfect response to this.....

Regarding McCain - that really stinks. Have always had respect for his life of service. Hope he can beat it. We need people like him in office.

crap, McCain is a great American and I wish him the best in his fight.

One of my college girlfriends died in her 20s from a glioma. A former Royals manager had the same thing and didn't last too long. For a guy who is 80, this can't have a good prognosis. At least he's lived a pretty long life already. Best to him and his family.

My father was a naval aviator and was at Pensacola with McCain. He didn't know him too well although they partied a little together...I think McCain partied with everyone. Similar careers although my father never suffered as a POW.

I lost my Dad last year to congestive heart failure. Reading Megan McCain's statement, I teared up.

Then the managing partner walks in. Jesus. I blamed allergies but....that wasn't good luck!

My father was a naval aviator and was at Pensacola with McCain. He didn't know him too well although they partied a little together...I think McCain partied with everyone. Similar careers although my father never suffered as a POW.

I lost my Dad last year to congestive heart failure. Reading Megan McCain's statement, I teared up.

Then the managing partner walks in. Jesus. I blamed allergies but....that wasn't good luck!

The last 4 family members I've lost have been to some form of cancer. Both of my parents have had cancer (dad kidney, mom skin) and beaten it into remission. I had the same reaction to that statement from Megan McCain. I hope McCain beats this and gets another 15-20 years to spend with his family.

Cancer blows.

I mean defining beat it, best case scenario you are looking at 2-3 year extension of your life with aggressive treatments that really destroy your quality of life anyways and that's with the hope of falling into the rare 2-4% that respond to treatments. Throw in that he is 80 and most evidence points towards the "long term survival" line at around 40 years of age things are pretty bleak. I'd scrap all previous treatment strategies, throw him into a compassionate care waiver trial and hit up the most promising infancy drug that doesn't even have a name yet.

All of the stories I've been reading over the past 24 hours about McCain are incredible, and make me even more furious at our president for saying “He’s not a war hero, he was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

John McCain is a hero, period.

All of the stories I've been reading over the past 24 hours about McCain are incredible, and make me even more furious at our president for saying “He’s not a war hero, he was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

John McCain is a hero, period.

Yeah as to a war hero, but he lost a lot of luster as a senator and presidential candidate after his honest run in 2000. Really a shame he didn't get the Pub nomination that year. First, he'd have been a way better president that W, and second, we wouldn't have had to watch what he had to become to be the 2008 nominee.

Yeah as to a war hero, but he lost a lot of luster as a senator and presidential candidate after his honest run in 2000. Really a shame he didn't get the Pub nomination that year. First, he'd have been a way better president that W, and second, we wouldn't have had to watch what he had to become to be the 2008 nominee.

2000 would have been a much more compelling race if it were McCain-Bradley rather than W-Gore. I would have been happy with either as president. I agree that the 2008 candidacy was very disappointing to see.

I wish McCain and his family the best.

2000 would have been a much more compelling race if it were McCain-Bradley rather than W-Gore. I would have been happy with either as president. I agree that the 2008 candidacy was very disappointing to see.

I wish McCain and his family the best.

Makes me sad to think what 2000 could have been.

Back