• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Jose Mourinho spotted preparing his gameplan for next weekend against Spurs at Old Trafford ...

bus-driver-professional-560x315.jpg

Watching Liverpool today, the thing that stuck out to me is that Klopp really hasn't been very ruthless. It's been clear for a while that Lovren is done and Mingolet isn't good enough, and yet here they are still starting matches. Someone like SAF or Mourinho would have given them a chance and then ruthlessly moved them on and tried someone new (hell, Pochettino has done that at Spurs - guys like Fazio, Bentaleb, Mason, etc ... they were moved on quickly when it was clear they weren't good enough).

Why on earth has Klopp insisted on still running them out there? It has to be brutal for team morale to see them keeping making the same mistakes over and over.

Good thing Mourinho decided not to attack Liverpool's rock solid defense last week...

Kane is now on pace for 33.77 goals this season. The PL single season record is 34 (Shearer and Cole hold it jointly). He'll have to stay healthy for all 38 matches, but it's definitely doable ...

Give it to Unsy for the rest of the season, fire Walsh and find a new DoF, and hire the best man over the summer.

Give it to Unsy for the rest of the season, fire Walsh and find a new DoF, and hire the best man over the summer.

Agreed. Everyone associated with this summer's "spending spree" needs to go.

Although if Unsy is still in the relegation come Christmas, I think we'll need to go on the Big Sam hunt.

I look forward to David Moyes or Big Sam leading the Evertons until next summer.

Unsworth named interim manager. Best case scenario he wins the job permanently.

Give me Nagelsmann or Tuchel since we're apparently ready to pay out the ass.

How is Ronald Koeman like the Titanic?

They never should have left Southampton.

Manchester United has 6 players from the FIFA Pro best players - the rest of the PL combined has 7. Surely United won the league last year in a walk and is leading again this year. Right? RIGHT?

DM32IwzW4AAlSAq.jpg

Lukaku ahead of Kane is just absurdly laughable, as is Özil ahead of De Bruyne and Eriksen. Antonio Valencia as one of the world's best defenders? Matic being here at all? What the fuck is going on with this list?

Perez on Kane:

"Honestly, it hasn't [entered my mind]. He is a magnificent player, he is young and has many years to progress. But we are delighted not just with [Karim] Benzema, but with all the players that we have.

"No [Daniel Levy didn’t provide an asking price for Kane] and had I asked him for the price he would have asked for €250m. He always goes for the top [amount]. We have become friends because of the time it took us to sign [former Tottenham players] Luka Modric and Gareth Bale.

"Every time we win a European title, he [Levy] sends me the same message: 'Congratulations for the European title you have won with my players.'"

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Phil Neville and Ryan Giggs have both declared interest in our job. Hahaha no. Go manage some League Two team first you Manc rejects.

Back