• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Immigration Reform

MAGA—Trump voters express dismay (buyers remorse) as “rapists” and “illegals” from shithole places are deported.

Sigh.

Quote: "You cannot tell me that our community is better off, or that the United States is better off, because Mario has been shipped back to Mexico."

"It's easy to hear soundbites and say, yes, that's great policy. It's different when you're implementing it and you're seeing, now wait a minute, this is affecting these people's lives, and I didn't sign up for this. And shame on me for being short-sighted about it, OK, fine. But it's not just."

Give him a bit of credit for realizing he should've seen this coming, but I am tired of stories where Trump voters are shocked to see that the things Trump said he'd do, that they supported, actually impact people they like. Cause, yeah, this is exactly what you signed up for. I'd like to hear what they plan to do now.

The parts with the kids was tough, though.

That is heartwrenching and just cruel and stupid.

Here is a good non-emotional, reality-based argument for sensible legal immigration policies. http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/16/politics/trump-voters-immigration/index.html To put it succinctly, bigoted old white people like Trump need young brown immigrants to come to this county to pay for their Social Security and Medicare and provide the workforce to change their Depends over the next 30 years.

MAGA—Trump voters express dismay (buyers remorse) as “rapists” and “illegals” from shithole places are deported.

Sigh.

Quote: "You cannot tell me that our community is better off, or that the United States is better off, because Mario has been shipped back to Mexico."
There was research done showing that one of the greatest correlations of Trump voting was how racially isolated/homogenous a voters zipcode was. The white conservatives who support these immigration policies are for the most part blind to their destruction and cruelty.

These people vote based off of propagandized fear and hatred, and because they don't witness the consequences of their policies, they choose not to believe the "truth" about them if it comes from "liberal" sources.

too old captain

So what? He and his family have been productive and done everything right. It's disgraceful that the racist Trump government is tearing innocent families apart.

I thought Republicans supported family values...well as long as those families are white and Christian.

First Trump came for the Muslims.

Then Trump came for the Hispanics.

Last edited:
Or they could have said that over 50% of those who attacked America were American citizens. We should ban American citizens from America.

So we no longer believe in the American Dream? Uplifting.

Back