• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

North Korea Nuclear Ready

China during the last 4 decades:

pandasleep-2.jpg

palma has elevated to king troll level the last few months. Fantastic work on his part.

It's fair to point out that the past three presidents have failed to solve this problem (though Clinton was able to successfully delay it somewhat) and you can believe that popping off rhetoric aimed at NK and China on Twitter is part of some broader overall strategy, but you can't reasonably argue that the situation hasn't got significantly worse under Trump.

Whatever strategy Trump has re: North Korea clearing isn't working yet, and if it doesn't start working soon a lot of people are going to get killed.

I never understood the fantasy that we could keep any country that wanted to develop a weapon and a missile to launch said weapon from doing so when the technology is 70 years old. If the country doesn't want to listen they will eventually get there.

I also worry that between the two leaders that cooler heads will not prevail and things will ratchet up. Trump doesn't give a shit about most Americans he certainly doesn't give a shit about South Koreans or Japanese. Despite the scenarios mapped out for him, I can see him picking one that escalates it all and while ultimately victory is achieved through the total destruction of North Korea it most likely comes in at a death toll in the millions.

I never understood the fantasy that we could keep any country that wanted to develop a weapon and a missile to launch said weapon from doing so when the technology is 70 years old. If the country doesn't want to listen they will eventually get there.

I also worry that between the two leaders that cooler heads will not prevail and things will ratchet up. Trump doesn't give a shit about most Americans he certainly doesn't give a shit about South Koreans or Japanese. Despite the scenarios mapped out for him, I can see him picking one that escalates it all and while ultimately victory is achieved through the total destruction of North Korea it most likely comes in at a death toll in the millions.

And yet we just significantly increased the amount of time it would take for Iran to develop a bomb

So Trump is in office a few months and tensions with North Korea have ratcheted up to insane levels.

The key words there was a country that doesn't want to listen. Additionally Ukraine is a really shitty example as they were assured protections and well look where they are at now. If I was a country looking to protect myself I would do everything in my power to get a bomb because assurances mean nothing and without one the war mongering imperials will do whatever the fuck they want.

My fear as well.

Back