• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

North Korea Nuclear Ready

Trump's hands are definitely tied, and I think peoples' opinions regarding the situation are directly tied to whether or not you still trust Trump. If you do trust him at this point, you were and probably are pretty heavily bias towards him, and still believe he is a man that gets things done. If you do not trust him, or have an negative bias, then you probably don't trust him to put his shoes on the right feet at this point, let alone deftly handle an international, nuclear arms discussion.

When people were getting upset at Obama for not doing enough after the Red Line incident, people who liked and trusted him assumed that he had done his due diligence and made an informed decision that it was better not to follow up. People who didn't like Obama thought that he was showing a lot of weakness and completely botched the entire thing.

Personally, I think Obama always did the work required to make as informed a decision as possible, whether you agreed with it or not, whether it was blatantly liberal or not. I don't see how anyone could still believe that Trump is putting in the time and effort to understand the subtleties of these situations. Information doesn't just magically transfer from the office to the person in it. You have to work your ass off, and there hasn't been one sign that signals Trump has even attempted to understand these issues.

Last edited:
Trump's hands are definitely tied, and I think peoples' opinions regarding the situation are directly tied to whether or not you still trust Trump. If you do trust him at this point, you were and probably are pretty heavily bias towards him, and still believe he is a man that gets things done. If you do not trust him, or have an negative bias, then you probably don't trust him to put his shoes on the right feet at this point, let alone deftly handle an international, nuclear arms discussion.

When people were getting upset at Obama for not doing enough after the Red Line incident, people who liked and trusted him assumed that he had done his due diligence and made an informed decision that it was better not to follow up. People who didn't like Obama thought that he was showing a lot of weakness and completely botched the entire thing.

Personally, I think Obama always did the work required to make as informed a decision as possible, whether you agreed with it or not, whether it was blatantly liberal or not. I don't see how anyone could still believe that Trump is putting in the time and effort to understand the subtleties of these situations. Information doesn't just magically transfer from the office to the person in it. You have to work your ass off, and there hasn't been one sign that signals Trump has even attempted to understand these issues.

If Trump's hands are tied, he should be able to squirm a little bit and get them out.

if there's one consistent part of this administration it's Trump getting rolled by other world leaders on a daily basis

moving-redline.jpg

Sucks that the targets of any attack would be liberal centers, paying for the sins of the rubes. Either way NK should start naming their nukes. I don't know how many they have but one definitely will be "But Her Emails" and the other "Benghazi"

This rjkomedian level humor.

:bowrofl:

Obama deserved the shit he got for the "red line" even if he ultimately made the right decision once Syria crossed it. World leaders too often mistake threats of war as a good middle ground between diplomacy that is proving ineffective and actual war.

As for Trump, even if you want to view his comments as part of some well thought out high risk aggressive strategy designed to get NK to back down you have to be prepared to accept that NK threatening Guam the very same day makes that strategy look pretty seriously.

It's not a good look when a foreign leader starts their day by calling our president's bluff right after he made it.

A Fox News article up right now under the "Trump's Tough Words: Dems Rip N. Korea Rhetoric, but Experts Say On Target" header:

Where is Guam and Why Would North Korea Attack It?

I'm glad they set the foundation. Nothing wrong with not knowing and wanting to learn, but it's all to easy to imagine them posting that in an effort to speak directly to Trump.

Last edited:

not much of a crisis in comparison when one side has thousands of weapons we can deliver in 30 or fewer minutes and the other side has maybe 10s of weapons only a handful of which they may be able to deliver

Well, obviously the Cuban Missile Crisis was the biggest threat for a nuclear war. it was much bigger, more serious and ominous. The Soviet Union could destroy the US, NK can only threaten.

you guys are forgetting about that time when Ferris Bueller thought he was playing a game but launched a whole bunch of ICBM's

Back