• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

North Korea Nuclear Ready

“In the case of North Korea, God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un. I’m heartened to see that our president ― contrary to what we’ve seen with past administrations who have taken, at best, a sheepish stance toward dictators and oppressors ― will not tolerate any threat against the American people.”

Trump's evangelical advisor

More I'm asking about the people with their hands on the wheel

obama-hits-golf-martha-vineyard.jpg

The reality is that NK isn't going to give up it's nuclear program now, there's literally nothing that could possibly encourage them to do so. That's just the way it is. The time to stop them developing weapons was a long time ago, we fucked it up, that's the way the world works.

Now we have to deal with them as a nuclear power, with every bit of respect that entails. It's going to suck, it's going to involve eating a shit ton of humble pie, but we fucking made this shit sandwich - now we gotta eat it.

It's a shame we haven't had a President in the last 16 years who was willing to lead on interdicting the threat of rogue regimes developing WMD. I Hope this Changes soon.

It's a shame we haven't had a President in the last 16 years who was willing to lead on interdicting the threat of rogue regimes developing WMD. I Hope this Changes soon.

Well done.

Seriously, though. How would Korean War II have looked in 2002 or 2009?

No, this is good. In 2002 there should have been wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Korea.

Anywhere else? Venezuela perhaps? Chavez was chapping Bush's ass back then too

No, this is good. In 2002 there should have been wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Korea.

Anywhere else? Venezuela perhaps? Chavez was chapping Bush's ass back then too

Our military cut through Iraq in about a month. Iraq, unlike North Korea, actually has electricity. When the other side doesn't even have lights, a Cessna is stealthy. We would have jackhammered North Korea in 2002.

P.S. And we will in 2017 or 2018.

If they had to pick a trading partner to side with, I'm guessing it's us.

but are they willing to have a unified korea or a massive humanitarian crisis on the doorstep, courtesy of the US. not to mention the humiliation of being a historical ally who lets their charges fall without nary a hand

but are they willing to have a unified korea or a massive humanitarian crisis on the doorstep, courtesy of the US. not to mention the humiliation of being a historical ally who lets their charges fall without nary a hand

I don't think their alternatives are very promising (and were even less so in 2002). Why would they fear a unified Korea?

What value does North Korea actually provide to China (other than apparently a place to purchase their missile technology)?

and U.S. troops on the ground indefinitely in a unified Korea

I don't think their alternatives are very promising (and were even less so in 2002). Why would they fear a unified Korea (in real terms)?

What value does North Korea actually provide (other than apparently a place to purchase their missile technology)?

No idea, but the Chinese must get something from them because why else allow them to act the way they have for 60 years

Back