• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

North Korea Nuclear Ready

and U.S. troops on the ground indefinitely in a unified Korea

They seem to be okay with Osan and Kunsan being occupied. The only reason there are US troops on the peninsula now (=the last 50 years) is because it wasn't unified. Unification would spur redeployment, I would think.

No idea, but the Chinese must get something from them because why else allow them to act the way they have for 60 years

Maybe because of precisely what we get to deal with now. North Korea doing their strategic dirty work for them.

Our military cut through Iraq in about a month. Iraq, unlike North Korea, actually has electricity. When the other side doesn't even have lights, a Cessna is stealthy. We would have jackhammered North Korea in 2002.

P.S. And we will in 2017 or 2018.

Yeah and who the fuck cares about Seoul in the process. And I'm sure China is going to be A-OK with a huge American military presence on their border.

No one doubts that we could defeat Nk militarily with relative ease. The question is whether it's worth the casualties and increased tension with China. Right now I would contend the answer is no. Best to move forward with missile defense, rely on MAD, and continue the slow slog of sanctions and six party diplomacy. It's uncomfortable but greatly lowers the risk of mass casualties and results in greater long term stability.

Yeah and who the fuck cares about Seoul in the process. And I'm sure China is going to be A-OK with a huge American military presence on their border.

No one doubts that we could defeat Nk militarily with relative ease. The question is whether it's worth the casualties and increased tension with China. Right now I would contend the answer is no. Best to move forward with missile defense, rely on MAD, and continue the slow slog of sanctions and six party diplomacy. It's uncomfortable but greatly lowers the risk of mass casualties and results in greater long term stability.

North Korea is run by genuine bad guys. Worse the Trump-Pence, if you can imagine it.

The minute they are gone, we're right behind them. What would we be protecting a unified Korea from?

North Korea is run by genuine bad guys. Worse the Trump-Pence, if you can imagine it.

The minute they are gone, we're right behind them. What would we be protecting a unified Korea from?

ah yes, a giant investment in rebuilding a US demolished nation who hasn't been unified for almost a century with a historical allegiance to China. Our nationbuilding efforts in the early 00's have paid dividends

No idea, but the Chinese must get something from them because why else allow them to act the way they have for 60 years

I don't know, I don't think North Korea actually provides any value to China (other than apparently a place to purchase their missile technology).

North Korea is a key buffer between US allies and huge military presence in South Korea and Japan.

So the plan is to go in, destroy the entire peninsula and then leave, yielding the entire region to China while alienating all of our allies in the region and potentially worldwide?

On second thought your right. China might actually appreciate that.

maybe the deal is we destroy korea for China and they forgive all our debt

thanks, Trump

ah yes, a giant investment in rebuilding a US demolished nation who hasn't been unified for almost a century with a historical allegiance to China. Our nationbuilding efforts in the early 00's have paid dividends

The good news is that North Korea is certified pre-demolished. There's nothing to break.

For those who wish to appease them, how has that worked to this point?

except all those brainwashed people, gotta do something about them

Trump already explained. Fury and Fire.

Mattis confirmed that we will destroy the brainwashed people.

Washington (CNN)US Defense Secretary James Mattis issued a dramatic ultimatum to North Korea on Wednesday to "cease any consideration of actions that would lead to the end of its regime and destruction of its people" -- strong words that come just one day after President Donald Trump warned that the US could unleash "fire and fury" on Pyongyang.

except all those brainwashed people, gotta do something about them

Korean-BBQ-Ann-Arbor.jpg

Back