• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

North Korea Nuclear Ready

what was the original tweet?

Heard from reliable colleague that senior Hill Republicans briefed by Mattis, McMaster, etc., believe Trump will order limited strike on NK.

— Michael D. Swaine (@Dalzell60) October 19, 2017

And probably his Twitter account, too. That was irresponsible at best.

How many followers does dude have now?

And this is why I kind of hate twitter journalism. Sorry, I posted this in the first place. Thanks all for checking up on it.

Trump unchained: staff leaves, hardline ideas rise

Trump seems most interested in discussing military options on North Korea in these meetings. He is surrounded by advisers who share his concern about the rogue state, but not his fixation on a military strike.

And some top officials have told us Trump's belligerent rhetoric on the subject makes them nervous. There is a reason the harshest assessments of Trump usually leak after North Korea meetings.

https://www.axios.com/trump-unchained-2520671086.html

Trump unchained: staff leaves, hardline ideas rise

Trump seems most interested in discussing military options on North Korea in these meetings. He is surrounded by advisers who share his concern about the rogue state, but not his fixation on a military strike.

And some top officials have told us Trump's belligerent rhetoric on the subject makes them nervous. There is a reason the harshest assessments of Trump usually leak after North Korea meetings.

https://www.axios.com/trump-unchained-2520671086.html

Curious about Axios. Do you read their stuff regularly? Thoughts about the quality of their content?

Curious about Axios. Do you read their stuff regularly? Thoughts about the quality of their content?

Axios is the group started by Politico founders after they left Politico.

It's a good source for scoops on the Trump White House. Not sure who their sources are but you can often get unfiltered quotes like the one above. The content style is purposely short (basically bullet point format) which is good because it gets straight to the point but bad if you want or need the context of a story. I don't have it in my regular news diet but probably should add it.

So what was the disagreement over? Trump's dumbass limited strike plan.

Any strike on North Korea. Any strike would be considered huge.

Back