• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

I'm down 1 and have OBJ and Sterling Shepard as his ostensible handcuff. Thinking of just starting Shepard even if OBJ starts just in case OBJ "tweaks" his ankle early in the game and sits out the rest.

If your opponent doesn't have anyone else left that's what i'd be doing.

Need 5 points from Stafford tonight.

Don't pull a Ginger Dalton, Matthew.

Need 5 points from Stafford tonight.

Don't pull a Ginger Dalton, Matthew.

And there was much rejoicing. Yaaaaayy.

9R3g9S.gif

I had a 13.5 point lead going into tonight and all my oppo had was DET's DST.

I figured I was safe to pick up the W... but Eli. Currently down 8.5.

Keeper League

Who wins this trade:

Team A gets Jarvis Landry

Team B gets Derrick Henry

Whoever gets Henry in a landslide IMO. He may be the starter in tenn sooner rather than later.

Henry is the answer in a vacuum, but context is always important in a trade. Roster construction and league rules can heavily influence and answer.

Henry is the answer in a vacuum, but context is always important in a trade. Roster construction and league rules can heavily influence and answer.

I'd be giving Henry and it's a keeper league. I'm not doing the deal but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

RB1 Freeman
RB2 Stewart
RB3 Henry
RB4 Duke Johnson
RB5 Thompson

WR1 AB
WR2 Hilton
WR3 Allen
WR4 Hogan
WR5 Crowder
WR6 Tyrell Williams

Yea if you think you need WR help I'd hold onto Henry. Should be able to flip him for more in a few weeks imo.

Turns out drafting a bunch of Rams was a solid play (so far). It's nice to start the week with 5 TDs from Gurley and Watkins :eek:

I also have Goff on my bench.

Last night's game was ridiculous for fantasy and for viewing purposes.

I sat Watkins this week and am playing against Gurley. Solid start!

Turns out drafting a bunch of Rams was a solid play (so far). It's nice to start the week with 5 TDs from Gurley and Watkins :eek:

I also have Goff on my bench.

Last night's game was ridiculous for fantasy and for viewing purposes.

Good thing I bet the under. Smart.

I like my Chris Carson pickup a lot - snagged him two weeks ago - but still have him on the bench in favor of J. Rodgers at RB and G. Tate or T Pryor at flex. Is this smart? Rodgers has a tough match-up @ Minnesota, so it's tempting to start Carson. Thoughts?

In a PPR league, I am contemplating trading Christian McCaffrey for Derrick Henry straight up. Good trade or bad trade?

My thinking is that the Panthers have no idea what to do with McCaffrey and he'll put up mediocre numbers all year while Henry will soon shoulder the load for a run heavy Titan team with a competent passing game to keep defenses honest.

Derrick Henry is another in a long list of players I draft as rookies who suck but are awesome year 2 and beyond. And of course I drafted DeMarco THIS year. See: Deandre Hopkins, CJ Spiller (he was actually good for a bit), Melvin Gordon, and plenty of others. You can maybe add CMC to that list for this year.

Thanks guys. I'm going to do the deal. I just hope the Panthers can figure out McCaffrey. Kid can be a baller!

ok, i need help badly- have a mess at RB- need to pick 2 out of this crew:

Jordan Howard vs. PIT
Buck Allen vs. JAX
Derrick Henry vs. SEA
Isaiah Crowell @IND
Jonathan Stewart vs. NO
Frank Gore vs. CLE

ok, i need help badly- have a mess at RB- need to pick 2 out of this crew:

Jordan Howard vs. PIT
Buck Allen vs. JAX
Derrick Henry vs. SEA
Isaiah Crowell @IND
Jonathan Stewart vs. NO
Frank Gore vs. CLE

With those matchups, I'm going Crowell and Gore.

Now, do I start Jacquizz @ MIN or Chris Carson @TEN?

In a PPR league, I am contemplating trading Christian McCaffrey for Derrick Henry straight up. Good trade or bad trade?

My thinking is that the Panthers have no idea what to do with McCaffrey and he'll put up mediocre numbers all year while Henry will soon shoulder the load for a run heavy Titan team with a competent passing game to keep defenses honest.

Ha, I came here to discuss the exact same trade. I have Henry and do not need a RB (already have Gurly, Hunt and Fournette), but just got offered CMC for Henry straight up in a PPR league. I'm already stuck starting Cam, and really don't think I want to double up on starting Panthers the way our offense has looked.

Last edited:
Back