• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

An embarrassment of riches...well sorta...at RB this week.

Pick 2:

Kareem Hunt (KC - RB) @LAC
Ty Montgomery (GB - RB) vs Cincy
Melvin Gordon (LAC - RB) vs KC

I have the first two slotted in, but its hard to sit Gordon.

weird. then yeah i'd sit gordon compared to those two, tho it's a close decision b/w Montgomery and Gordon.

Who would you guys rather keep in a keeper league: Hilton or Keenan Allen? Both of them are my WR2/3 depending on the week and I'd like to upgrade one of them into a Cooper or an Evans with a package including one of Hogan/Duke Johnson/Jonathan Stewart/Chris Thompson. The guy who has Cooper has a trash team and Evans' owner isn't much better off so I feel like a star+a starter with decent value would be enough.

Who would you guys rather keep in a keeper league: Hilton or Keenan Allen? Both of them are my WR2/3 depending on the week and I'd like to upgrade one of them into a Cooper or an Evans with a package including one of Hogan/Duke Johnson/Jonathan Stewart/Chris Thompson. The guy who has Cooper has a trash team and Evans' owner isn't much better off so I feel like a star+a starter with decent value would be enough.

I'm not convinced Cooper is an upgrade

I had Diggs and Hilton on the bench last week and started the Ravens D. I hate fantasy football.

so what's the deal gonna be with Zeke's suspension? I really don't hear any 'what if' talk going around and Alfred Morris is owned in practically zero leagues. Isn't he worth a speculative pickup?

Tom Brady.

Nothing will happen this year (and perhaps not ever)

Keeper league. I was offered McCoy straight up for Keenan Allen.

My team as of now:

RB1 Freeman
RB2 Henry
RB3 Stewart
RB4 Chris Thompson
RB5 Duke Johnson

WR1 AB
WR2 Hilton
WR3 Allen
WR4 Hogan
WR5 Crowder
WR6 Tyrell Williams

I've also been working on Allen+Hogan for Mike Evans but Evans' owner wants to wait until after this week to make the call.

Keeper league. I was offered McCoy straight up for Keenan Allen.

My team as of now:

RB1 Freeman
RB2 Henry
RB3 Stewart
RB4 Chris Thompson
RB5 Duke Johnson

WR1 AB
WR2 Hilton
WR3 Allen
WR4 Hogan
WR5 Crowder
WR6 Tyrell Williams

I've also been working on Allen+Hogan for Mike Evans but Evans' owner wants to wait until after this week to make the call.

No brainer. So many dumb people/bad leagues.

I did it. Thanks guys. Thought I might be missing something.

Sorry just seeing this but don't think McCoy for Keenan Allen is a slam dunk. What are your keeper rules? If it's Dynasty, Keenan Allen has significantly more value than Shady.

Keenan is 25 years old and when healthy, has shown to be an elite talent. You can forecast WR1 production for probably 2-3 years, and then another WR2/Flex production for probably 2-3 years.

This is probably Shady's last year as a RB1, and I'd be worried about him even being a starting RB after next year.

That trade likely helps you this year but depending on the keeper settings, Keenan Allen is the far more valuable asset.

We can keep unlimited players, we just lose draft picks for every player we keep. There's an an escalator for every year that we keep a player. $5/year so Allen would cost me $15 to keep next year.

Our base buy in is $25, I kept AB, Hilton, Freeman, Allen, and Stewart this year so my buy in was $70.

The format encourages roster churn.

Lineup help time:

Rivers vs. Phi or Siemian vs. Oak.
Hilton @ Seattle, Pryor @KC, or Tate @ Min

Leaning Rivers (he's due) and Tate, but all of those WR matchups are rough. Could also bench all 3 WR and start JacQuizz at FLEX vs the Giants.

We can keep unlimited players, we just lose draft picks for every player we keep. There's an an escalator for every year that we keep a player. $5/year so Allen would cost me $15 to keep next year.

Our base buy in is $25, I kept AB, Hilton, Freeman, Allen, and Stewart this year so my buy in was $70.

The format encourages roster churn.
Interesting. How much is the average buy-in? I'd assume you're making picks on which guys to keep based off expected pot.

Interesting. How much is the average buy-in? I'd assume you're making picks on which guys to keep based off expected pot.

It varies. One guy didn't keep anyone so his buy in was $25 and he drafted McCaffrey, Cook, and Fournette before anyone else even picked. 60-70 was probably average with our winner from last year keeping most of his starters and buying in for $85. We did it this way as a compromise between two sides of our league who wanted to up the buy in and the other half who wanted to keep it $25.

This year in particular there have been big trades every week. I think that'll probably only ramp up as people realize they're out of the post season race and try to get rid of borderline keepers.

Back