• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

The Browns gave up 2 passing TDs to every QB except Brissette who had 2 rushing TDs.

I don't think I've ever owned Rodgers and not started him (unless obvious bye week or injury).

But Watson is on fire AND it is Cleveland.

Leaning Watson.

Jerrick McKinnon
Aaron Jones
Abdullah

2 of those 3? thx

Too soon to say. If Montgomery is a full go, then no Jones, but I'm thinking he may still sit or be limited.

Jones, Riddick, or Perine for me. Thoughts?

Other league I've got Jones or John Brown at the second Flex spot (odd I know). Or I could scoop Decker or Gabriel off waivers. This team is stacked but I have Shady on Bye and Diggs and Shepard both out now.

Deshaun Watson or Aaron Rodgers?

Seems like a no-brainer, then 2 weeks ago...
Real question is why aren't you trading one?

Watson's value is at an all-time high, and most are thinking he's a top 4 or 5 fantasy QB the rest of the season. Should be able to get a nice asset for him. Or if you can't, shop Rodgers around.

Because their bye weeks are 7 and 8?

Because their bye weeks are 7 and 8?
Value of a trade should be significantly more than the difference between one and a waiver wire pick-up for that week.

Rodgers' bye is week 8 when Watson plays @SEA. I'm sure you can find a waiver wire QB for that week that projects as good if not better than Watson for that week.

People may not give up as much for a QB who can't play the week or two after they draft him. The trade value will be higher in two weeks.

Also he may not be desperate to trade.

People may not give up as much for a QB who can't play the week or two after they draft him. The trade value will be higher in two weeks.

Also he may not be desperate to trade.
Obviously no idea what people are and aren't willing to trade him.

But saying his trade value will be higher in two weeks is absurd. He just came off his likely biggest game of the year and would be giving someone his Cleveland match-up for this week.

And no idea what you mean by desperate to trade. You're doing fantasy football wrong if you're just holding onto two top 5 QBs in a 1-QB league.

Guy in my league offered me Cam or Watson for Gurley & Cousins. I declined. But, I agree w/Nonny on this one. If (and that's the problem "if") you can get a top 5 - 7 RB/WR or a Gronk for Watson - I'm pulling that trigger super fast. Problem is that most guys in 10-12 team leagues probably have a fairly decent/serviceable QB like a Cousins, Winston, etc. so QB value may be lower.

I have Ryan, Mariota (both keepers), and Watson in a league and I'm trying to shop them around. ANY of them and I can't find takers because people aren't seeing the value pickup above their current QB to give up a top WR or RB.

Hoping Watson blows up again this week to increase his value.

But I'm also tanking in this league because I lost DJ like 10 minutes into the season and my gamble on Pryor doing well in DC hasn't worked out... at all.

If you're in a 10 or 12 team league, you may already have a Top 5-7 guy at each position. And Rodgers or Watson may not be a huge upgrade from someone's top 15 QB.

The fact that Rodgers and Watson are on the same plane, even temporarily, helps make the point.

pick 1

emmanuel sanders vs. giants
will fuller vs. browns
pierre garcon @ redskins

I think Denver will be playing with the lead and running more. IMO, Fuller is boom/bust. Therefore, I would go Garcon for the higher floor and maybe a TD.

Back