• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

Just got offered Ajayi and Davante Adams for Mike Evans in a keeper league. Thoughts?
No chance.

I'd be trying to sell Ajayi in any long-term league if I hadn't sold him pre-season. Knee problems, clubhouse issues, and doesn't catch balls. No guarantee he's even a starting RB next year.

I am high on Davante long-term as in my opinion, the best indicator is opposing DC's have been putting their shadow CBs on him rather than Jordy. Strong sign they view Davante as the #1 WR already and surely will be long-term with Rodgers. But Ajayi is nowhere near enough to close the gap between the two. Evans is a top 3 dynasty asset.

*All this assumes they cost similar levels based off your league settings

Yeah, Evans hasn’t had the year that people expected but he’s still an elite WR, which is much harder to find than an elite RB.

Fuck you Jameis Winston. You've sucked this year. 6 points last week? You've cost me three or four games this year.

That said, it's between him and Tyrod this week. Thoughts? Jameis as at NO, Tyrod plays tonight at NYJ

My running backs are awful, Jordan Howard and then a bunch of blah. Have a trade offer, would you trade AJ green for Melvin Gordon? My other receivers are Tyreek Hill, Will Fuller, Golden Tate, Mohamed Sanu

My running backs are awful, Jordan Howard and then a bunch of blah. Have a trade offer, would you trade AJ green for Melvin Gordon? My other receivers are Tyreek Hill, Will Fuller, Golden Tate, Mohamed Sanu

Yes. Zero doubt.

How do you test that?

In fantasy football, trading is often difficult because yes, you value your players more than other people do. But I’d argue you don’t value them because you own them, but rather you own them because you value them.

If you didn’t like your guy, you probably wouldn’t have drafted him. Or picked him up before he broke out.

Interestingly, I think Fantasy Football is an arena that could test something like this simply for sheer number of potential experiment subjects. There's a large qualitative hurdle (AKA personal opinions), but I think general conclusions could be drawn from the endowment hypothesis with a carefully designed experiment.

As for owning players because you value them: absolutely. That's another piece of the puzzle. Same with the sunk cost fallacy. And concerning trades: simple skepticism also plays a role ('they're trying to pull one over on me, aren't they?'). When you combine all these factors, it makes trading more difficult, and it also makes dropping players more difficult.

In fantasy football, trading is often difficult because yes, you value your players more than other people do. But I’d argue you don’t value them because you own them, but rather you own them because you value them.

If you didn’t like your guy, you probably wouldn’t have drafted him. Or picked him up before he broke out.

Also, while I generally agree with this argument, it's not an all-or-nothing proposition, and I think there are counter-examples.

Sometimes you draft guys you had no intention of owning because of positional scarcity (either league-wide or on your own bench), because they 'dropped too far', or because you made a mistake. Sometimes you pick up players for bye weeks, injuries, or simply to deny another team from getting them. You drafted/added them for different reasons, and there is a different value placed on each one.

I know you're a meticulous FF player, but most people aren't - I think subconscious emotional responses (like the Endowment Effect Hypothesis or Sunk Cost Fallacy) are readily prevalent in average leagues with average players. Understanding these potential psychological implications may just help improve all of our games...or at least help us pull one over on the rubes.

Also, while I generally agree with this argument, it's not an all-or-nothing proposition, and I think there are counter-examples.

Sometimes you draft guys you had no intention of owning because of positional scarcity (either league-wide or on your own bench), because they 'dropped too far', or because you made a mistake. Sometimes you pick up players for bye weeks, injuries, or simply to deny another team from getting them. You drafted/added them for different reasons, and there is a different value placed on each one.

I know you're a meticulous FF player, but most people aren't - I think subconscious emotional responses (like the Endowment Effect Hypothesis or Sunk Cost Fallacy) are readily prevalent in average leagues with average players. Understanding these potential psychological implications may just help improve all of our games...or at least help us pull one over on the rubes.
Don't disagree with anything here.

Different topic but still relating to trades. Not one of my leagues but someone asked my opinion on this.

Yesterday morning, Person A sends the following trade: Hopkins for Fournette. Person B starts a text conversation and ends with "no thanks." Upon seeing Watson goes down for the season, Person B goes to Yahoo and sees the trade was never cancelled, and accepts.

The league is between friends and the current policy is all trades are allowed as long as it's not collusion/team giving up.

What say you?

(Also, what if it was Watson instead of Hopkins? Does that change anything?)

Don't disagree with anything here.

Different topic but still relating to trades. Not one of my leagues but someone asked my opinion on this.

Yesterday morning, Person A sends the following trade: Hopkins for Fournette. Person B starts a text conversation and ends with "no thanks." Upon seeing Watson goes down for the season, Person B goes to Yahoo and sees the trade was never cancelled, and accepts.

The league is between friends and the current policy is all trades are allowed as long as it's not collusion/team giving up.

What say you?

(Also, what if it was Watson instead of Hopkins? Does that change anything?)

It's up to the dude doing the taking advantage - more of a moral decision I guess. League should have no say.

Anybody rolling with Ajayi this weekend? Sounds like he may not even play, or be very limited, and they're listing Blount as the starter, still.

That's tough, Nonny. Pretty grimy move from person B, but person A is not innocent for leaving the trade open.

The league rules were technically followed, but it's also a league of friends.

I think you have to pick friendship & not-being-dicks over 'do anything to win' in this case.

That's tough, Nonny. Pretty grimy move from person B, but person A is not innocent for leaving the trade open.

The league rules were technically followed, but it's also a league of friends.

I think you have to pick friendship & not-being-dicks over 'do anything to win' in this case.

I agree with this.

I also dislike trade offers via Yahoo for this reason. If I send an offer and one of the players in the trade gets injured, it shouldn't be a race to the computer to accept/cancel. But I definitely know a lot of people that rather than ever rejecting a trade, will just keep it open in case the situation changes. Say it's for Kamara. Maybe Ingram goes down and now you'd accept it?

Sketchy overall but agreed in a league with friends, definitely not worth screwing someone over like that.

So I have a super flex spot to fill this week after D. Watson's unfortunate knee injury.

I picked up Cutler off FA to fill that spot (Dak my other QB) or I could stick with Crabtree. I decided to not play Will Fuller after Watson went down. Could also play both Crabtree and Cutler and sit Jarvis Landry (current WR2, with half point pr), I suppose.

Thoughts?

Currently leaning Crabtree if I'm ahead going into tonight's game (higher floor) or going Cutler if I need some points (higher ceiling). Opponent will have Abdullah going tomorrow night.

So I have a super flex spot to fill this week after D. Watson's unfortunate knee injury.

I picked up Cutler off FA to fill that spot (Dak my other QB) or I could stick with Crabtree. I decided to not play Will Fuller after Watson went down. Could also play both Crabtree and Cutler and sit Jarvis Landry (current WR2, with half point pr), I suppose.

Thoughts?

Currently leaning Crabtree if I'm ahead going into tonight's game (higher floor) or going Cutler if I need some points (higher ceiling). Opponent will have Abdullah going tomorrow night.

I’d play Landry and Cutler if I’m understanding you correctly. Crabtree is a high floor-low ceiling guy so I️ guess it depends on the rest of your team.

I️ have Stafford and was offered Jones Jr and Tate for AB. The Lions have a tasty schedule to end the year but it’s tough letting go of AB.

My WRs if I️ made the trade would be:

Hilton
Tate
Jones Jr
Hogan
Goodwin
Decker

We can play 4 but I️ normally just use three.

No chance.

I'd be trying to sell Ajayi in any long-term league if I hadn't sold him pre-season. Knee problems, clubhouse issues, and doesn't catch balls. No guarantee he's even a starting RB next year.

I am high on Davante long-term as in my opinion, the best indicator is opposing DC's have been putting their shadow CBs on him rather than Jordy. Strong sign they view Davante as the #1 WR already and surely will be long-term with Rodgers. But Ajayi is nowhere near enough to close the gap between the two. Evans is a top 3 dynasty asset.

*All this assumes they cost similar levels based off your league settings

Lot of teams are now putting the #1 CB on the #2 WR and then putting safety help over the top and doubling the #1 every time.

I️ have Stafford and was offered Jones Jr and Tate for AB. The Lions have a tasty schedule to end the year but it’s tough letting go of AB.

My WRs if I️ made the trade would be:

Hilton
Tate
Jones Jr
Hogan
Goodwin
Decker

We can play 4 but I️ normally just use three.

I'd go with a strong pass here.

Back