• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

Well I'm on cloud 9 right now so gotta tell you guys about my day.

Started off advancing to the finals of a $20 H2H tournament on Play Draft that started week 1. So after 10 straight wins, I'm in the finals with one other person where first place is $10k and if I lose, I still get $4k.

On the Play Draft app as well, they have a live final in Nashville scheduled for next week where 10 people qualify to compete for $100,000. I'm currently in first place for a qualifier for one of those 10 seats, with the only way I lose being if Cam scores 33 points. Link to the tourney: https://rotogrinders.com/articles/draft-announces-100k-nfl-live-final-in-nashville-2054402

And then the most surreal one... After a crazy sweat, I won a qualifier to FantasyDraft's Carolina Millions. I'll be competing against 11 others for a million dollar prize pool. https://page.fantasydraft.com/landing/2017-carolina-million-nfl-live-final/#qualifiers

It's been an absolute crazy day but winning around $100k of equity in tournaments today has been unbelievable.

Chugging contest for the winnings?

In related news... if Kenyan Drake scores 4.9 points tonight I'll win my matchup and move up to a solid 3-7 record in my keeper league. The league where I have picked up D. Cook, J. Edleman, kept D. Johnson since week 1, and D. Watson the past few weeks for their keeper values. I'm literally trying to lose to guarantee picking 1st next year (plus traded Gurley for an additional 1st round pick).

Dick move to bench Drake tonight when my opponent is in the mix for a playoff spot?

Thanks, all.

Unfortunately last night’s game did not go well for me. Cam putting up the top fantasy score of the week knocked me out of my Nashville finals seat. Must have been at least a 95% favorite but that 70 yd run and 3rd and 8 TD to Funchess was too much.

Still an amazing weekend for DFS but that definitely hurt.

Onto the next week

HALP

Pick 2 to start. 0.5 ppr

Dez Bryant vs PHI
Michael Crabtree vs NE
Jarvis Landry vs TB
Marqis Lee @ CLE
Jamison Crowder @ NO

Could start a 3rd over Jerick McKinnon (vs LAR) as the flex.

HALP

Pick 2 to start. 0.5 ppr

Dez Bryant vs PHI
Michael Crabtree vs NE
Jarvis Landry vs TB
Marqis Lee @ CLE
Jamison Crowder @ NO

Could also pick up Jamaal Williams off FA to start him at the flex.

HALP

Pick 2 to start. 0.5 ppr

Dez Bryant vs PHI
Michael Crabtree vs NE
Jarvis Landry vs TB
Marqis Lee @ CLE
Jamison Crowder @ NO

Crabtree is a must. Also use Jerick in slot.

2nd WR is between Dez and Landry and it's close. But I'd go Dez.

I am dating myself, but those days were a LOT different. I agree w/Deachawk that i loved those years. the Monday morning paper was like gold! I would get up early and drink my coffee as I poured over the stats. I would then call my friend for trades as fast as I could (that's where I developed this trading frenzy dynamic). The draft was a huge drunk fest w/everyone in attendance. Now, we are lucky to get 4 or 5 together to draft. Until 2015 I was still buying a fantasy magazine to read at the beach. Another thing I miss as I would crib notes in the margins. More studying for the draft than most of my classes at Wake & with the same amount of success...

Crabtree is a must. Also use Jerick in slot.

2nd WR is between Dez and Landry and it's close. But I'd go Dez.

Agree with the first point and 1/2 the second. I think Landry has slight edge over Dez. Going up against a much worse defense, .5PPR landry should see a lot of targets

Took a flyer on Rodgers. He’s projected to come back Week 15 and I’m streaming QBs thanks to Winston being trash. Kind of can’t believe someone didn’t stash him on IR

HALP

Pick 2 to start. 0.5 ppr

Dez Bryant vs PHI
Michael Crabtree vs NE
Jarvis Landry vs TB
Marqis Lee @ CLE
Jamison Crowder @ NO

Some really good responses so far, so thanks for those.

Now also considering dropping Cutler from my Super Flex position and playing an extra receiver or even Kenyan Drake there instead...

Of course the week my team erupts for 130+ I’m playing a guy who is in last place and looks like he’s given up.

Some really good responses so far, so thanks for those.

Now also considering dropping Cutler from my Super Flex position and playing an extra receiver or even Kenyan Drake there instead...

Fuck Jay Cutler.

That is all.

Back