• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

you get to keep one player each year and forfeit the pick the round you selected them the year before. you can't keep the same player consecutive seasons.

Keeper 1/2PPR 12 team league:

Keep Aaron Rodgers and lose my 4th round pick.

Or

Keep Pat Kelce and lose my 6th round pick.

Thoughts?

Also - I have 4th pick in upcoming draft. Targeting Antonio Brown, OBJ, or Julio depending on how the top 3 picks go.

Anyone want to give a list of guys they are targeting vs guys they are avoiding?

I'm targeting: Pryor, Kelce, Melvin Gordon
Avoiding: Ajayi, Jordan Howard, anyone on the Pats other than Brady

Basic question. What's the best resource to start back following fantasy if you haven't thought about it since last season ended?

Can anyone explain why people sign up for a mock draft and then logout of it as soon as it begins? Do you really think it's going to be an accurate mock if everyone is just drafting using expert rankings and filling in starting lineups before bench?

Does ESPN have a way for me to set auction values before a draft? I'll be in Chile for my work league auction draft, and am expecting the wifi to be spotty at best. Can't find it anywhere on the site. It appears it may just autobid up to the ESPN suggested value, with no way of editing beforehand. If that happens, I will assuredly overpay for Zeke and get him.

Rate my draft!

Picked 10th in a 10 team league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Q/R/W/T flex, 1 R/W/T flex, 1 DEF, 1 K
.5 PPR league

QBs: Dak Prescott (70th), Andy Dalton (90th), Deshaun Watson (131st)
RBs: Zeke Elliott (10th), Todd Gurley (30th), Mark Ingram (51st), Duke Johnson (110th), Alfred Morris (150th)
WRs: Dez Bryant (11th), Michael Crabtree (50th), Jarvis Landry (71st), Kenny Britt (111th),
TE: Travis Kelce (31st)
DEF: Denver (101st)
K: Adam Vinatieri (130th)

and keep in mind...

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk believes there is a "very good chance" Ezekiel Elliott plays Week 1.
Advice: Elliott's appeal will be heard on Tuesday morning with a decision likely to come in the next week. If the decision does not go his way, Florio believes Elliott will take the case to court, seeking an injunction which allows him to play while the legal situation shakes out. Of course, doing so would make it possible he misses late-season and even potentially playoff games instead of the first six. Even with the appeal today, this saga is far from over.

Decent, a little thin at the RB since I have 0 confidence in Gurley. Not knowing the rest of your league, I'd say you're at the top of the second tier of teams if this is 10 team league. A lot rides on your RBs

Here's my results from our draft last night - picked 6th and I didn't keep anyone from last year
12 team league, .5 PPR, 1 pt/5yds rushing and receiving, 4 pts passing TD
1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 W/R/T, K, Def

QB: R. Wilson, B. Roethlisberger
RB: L. McCoy, CJ Anderson, P. Perkins, C. Sims
WR: J. Landry, A. Jeffrey, S. Diggs, R. Matthews, M. Lee, C. Samuel
TE: Gronk, H. Henry
K: M. Crosby
Def: Pats

Last edited:
Decent, a little thin at the RB since I have 0 confidence in Gurley. Not knowing the rest of your league, I'd say you're at the top of the second tier of teams if this is 10 team league. A lot rides on your RBs

Working on a trade involving Gurley and McFadden (also sends Morris his way) to better cover for Zeke. I also would get Keenan Allen and Devante Parker and lose Kenny Britt. Early goings though.

I'm more worried about my QBs to be honest. Hopefully Watson starts by week 4 and is gangbusters.

Rate my draft!

Picked 10th in a 10 team league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Q/R/W/T flex, 1 R/W/T flex, 1 DEF, 1 K
.5 PPR league

QBs: Dak Prescott (70th), Andy Dalton (90th), Deshaun Watson (131st)
RBs: Zeke Elliott (10th), Todd Gurley (30th), Mark Ingram (51st), Duke Johnson (110th), Alfred Morris (150th)
WRs: Dez Bryant (11th), Michael Crabtree (50th), Jarvis Landry (71st), Kenny Britt (111th),
TE: Travis Kelce (31st)
DEF: Denver (101st)
K: Adam Vinatieri (130th)

I'll rate your league instead, 0/10

WTF is that?

Working on a trade involving Gurley and McFadden (also sends Morris his way) to better cover for Zeke. I also would get Keenan Allen and Devante Parker and lose Kenny Britt. Early goings though.

I'm more worried about my QBs to be honest. Hopefully Watson starts by week 4 and is gangbusters.

Your QBs are your weak area since this is a league that allows QB flex position. Generally that means that the best scoring lineup includes 2 QBs so having an iffy QB2 could be your downfall. Would try to trade some of your RB depth to upgrade QB position.

Agreed. And will do if my Watson gamble doesn't pay off. Carr was drafted right before I took Ginger Dalton.

I always try to avoid a three team stack as you are riding and dying with the cowboys, as your probably wanted.

Here's my results from our draft last night - picked 4th and kept Kelce in the 6th round
12 team league, .5 PPR, 1 pt/10yds rushing and receiving, 6 pts passing TD
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/R/T, K, Def

QB: M Ryan
RB: Zeke, A Peterson, Danny Woodhead, James White
WR: Julio, TY Hilton, Garcon, Corey Davis, Zay Jones, Robby Anderson
TE: Kelce, J Reed
K: Succop
Def: Falcons

Keeper advice please. Can keep up to 4 players from last years roster.

Player
Cost to Keep
Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)10
DeSean Jackson (TB - WR)7
Brandin Cooks (NE - WR)N/A
Ezekiel Elliott (Dal - RB) SUSPN/A
David Johnson (Ari - RB)8
Travis Kelce (KC - TE)3
LeSean McCoy (Buf - RB)1
Malcolm Mitchell (NE - WR)10
Sammy Watkins (LAR - WR)N/A
Russell Wilson (Sea - QB)2
Donte Moncrief (Ind - WR) Q6
Jarvis Landry (Mia - WR)5
Marcus Mariota (Ten - QB)10
Mike Gillislee (NE - RB)10
Andre Ellington (Ari - RB)10
Sebastian Janikowski (Oak - K)10
Denver (Den - DEF)4
Dallas (Dal - DEF)10

Ryan is a no brainer for a 10th. David Johnson for an 8th also. Mariota for a 9th as well (since Ryan will be my 10th rounder), I think, but less positive on him.

Won the league last year so I'll be picking last in the first round -- so is Shady good value as the 10th overall. But that puts Kelce back in the draft. However, Ryan/Mariota + DJ and Shady is one hell of a start to a nice squad with the 11th overall pick to come to lead off the 2nd round. Or leave Mariota in the draft and take both Shady and Kelce with Ryan and DJ and draft best WR available at 11?

Back