• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

Nice thanks. Saw the first shefter tweet but then saw rapoport say he was much better today than Friday so who knows. Went with white. Sure it's wrong

So, Made-Of-Glass Woodhead already out. What a fucking shitty draft pick...every year.

My Arizona D already has me a DST TD, sack, and turnover. Nice.

Oh fuck, playing Jax D which has a TD, 6 sacks, 2 turnovers, and shutout. I hate you Texans.

Meh. I've got Dalton vs. Ravens D. He's giving them points.

I also have Dalton in a different league. -1.32 today so far. Thanks, ginger.

He's killing me on both ends.

Good news: I did draft a backup.
Bad news: It's Kiser.

I'm going to be joining Pit2 next year.

I feel like fantasy football now, and football in general, is just a quarter of the league getting hurt the first 3-4 weeks and then seeing who steps up to fill those shoes.

The next year those players get overhyped and don't play as well and then a whole new cycle of injuries and backups take over.

I can't remember the last fantasy season where I didn't have a top 3-4 round pick get injured for the season.

Martavis Bryant/Jamison Crowder's COMBINED 0.10 points starting.

Kareem Hunt's 40.60 points on the bench....

Facepalm

I was really worried about Austin Hooper - he didn't see a target until the 4th quarter, but finished with a ridiculous stat-line:

2 Targets, 2 Receptions, 128 Yards, 1 TD

Dalton got 1 point. Kizer got 19.6. What can you do?

What a crap fantasy Week 1. Two impromptu bye teams. A top WR goes inactive an hour before SNF. You're not supposed to get this screwed Week 1.

Down 6 going into tomorrow night.
I have AP and Keenan Allen going (could sub in Ted Ginn Jr. for either one as AP in the flex)
He has M. Thomas and D. Cook going.

Extra points for 100+/200+ games or 40+ plays/+extra points for 40+yard TDs

Roll with AP/Allen or bring in Ginn for one of them? If so, which one? And why?

Four DKings lineups. Had wentz in two and Hoyer in two. My best lineup of the four - if it had Wentz and not Hoyer - would have netted $2k instead of $150. Sometimes that shit is worse than losing $.

Allen is an autostart there. Would also run with AP against Minny for the F U factor.

Down 6 going into tomorrow night.
I have AP and Keenan Allen going (could sub in Ted Ginn Jr. for either one as AP in the flex)
He has M. Thomas and D. Cook going.

Extra points for 100+/200+ games or 40+ plays/+extra points for 40+yard TDs

Roll with AP/Allen or bring in Ginn for one of them? If so, which one? And why?
I'd likely go Keenan and Ginn. Even without those bonuses, I think it's very close. Rhodes is probably going to shadow Thomas which means Brees is going to be spreading the ball elsewhere. Fleener and Ginn will likely be the beneficiaries. Ginn has been in 2-wide sets all preseason and I think he'll play a more significant role than just the deep ball Ginn we're used to. I think end of day AP is probably more likely to get a TD, but Ginn will be much better between the 20's.

Add in the bonuses and where Ginn is far more likely to get any of those and he's the play. Not to mention you're the underdog in the matchup no matter what you play but if Thomas doesn't have a good game, Ginn is the strong leverage play.

Back