• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

I'd likely go Keenan and Ginn. Even without those bonuses, I think it's very close. Rhodes is probably going to shadow Thomas which means Brees is going to be spreading the ball elsewhere. Fleener and Ginn will likely be the beneficiaries. Ginn has been in 2-wide sets all preseason and I think he'll play a more significant role than just the deep ball Ginn we're used to. I think end of day AP is probably more likely to get a TD, but Ginn will be much better between the 20's.

Add in the bonuses and where Ginn is far more likely to get any of those and he's the play. Not to mention you're the underdog in the matchup no matter what you play but if Thomas doesn't have a good game, Ginn is the strong leverage play.

(jk, I'll give that some serious thought and might move that way. Good insight.)

I think AP sticks it to Minny for 200 yds or 4 TDs or something crazy...just because he is a robot.

So much for Adrian Peterson's revenge. Hope Thomas and Sanders combine for less than 15 points for Denver.

kept Ginn on the bench

an extra 3.5 points lurking in the background haunting me.
Fair enough.

Xavier Rhodes was his normal shutdown self. Only allowed 2 catches for 22 yards, 0 TDs. The little work Thomas did was mainly switching off of him.

Got the Fleener side of the call correct and Ginn had his chances but couldn't break one. Think the biggest surprise was Kamara led the backfield in snap count (31 to Ingram's 26 and AP's career-low of 9). Have loved Kamara in Dynasty leagues and think he has PPR upside this season but it'll be frustrating.

Gotta love a week when your kicker is your highest scorer (Dan Bailey 15) and you have the league's third lowest score but still win.

Those of you in FAAB leagues, what do you think is an appropriate amount to budget for Tarik Cohen? We have a $100 budget. I don't need him that bad, because I have Gurley, Fournette, and CJ Anderson. But Chicago doesn't have many weapons outside of Howard and Cohen. If nothing else I would like to block the owner who has David Johnson from picking up Cohen, because that team was the clear favorite in our league before the DJ injury. It's a keeper league, and the guy has David Johnson AND Antonio Brown.

My philosophy is to spend big early if you see a possible game changer, but maybe I am overvaluing him.

Those of you in FAAB leagues, what do you think is an appropriate amount to budget for Tarik Cohen? We have a $100 budget. I don't need him that bad, because I have Gurley, Fournette, and CJ Anderson. But Chicago doesn't have many weapons outside of Howard and Cohen. If nothing else I would like to block the owner who has David Johnson from picking up Cohen, because that team was the clear favorite in our league before the DJ injury. It's a keeper league, and the guy has David Johnson AND Antonio Brown.

My philosophy is to spend big early if you see a possible game changer, but maybe I am overvaluing him.

I like your philosophy, but also think you're probably overvaluing him, especially because the DJ owner (and others) will probably shoot for Kerwyn Williams (or maybe Ellington). Our budget is $500, and I'm probably going to throw something like $53 out there and see if it hits.

I have serious issues in my main work league. Luck out, so I picked up Andy Dalton this week - smart, -3 points. Also starting Ajayi and J Rodgers at RB so ultra-thin there. Some dude proposed a trade for Brady for Michael Thomas. Should I have taken it no question? I tried to get him to sweeten the deal by including Rodgers and him adding CJ Anderson. He's currently considering. Other WRs are Hilton, Pryor, Tate, and Diggs, so I've got plenty of room there.

Start 1 Flex (League 1):
Coby Fleener @ NE
Marqise Lee vs TEN
TY Hilton vs. AZ
Jordan Matthews @ CAR
Charles Sims vs. CHI

I'm thinking Fleener or Lee, though leaning towards Fleener.

Start 1 Flex (League 2):
Terrence West vs. CLE
Sammy Watkins vs. WAS
Adam Thielen @ PIT
Tyrell Johnson vs. MIA

This is a tough one. West seems like the safest best, but any of those receivers could post big numbers this weekend.

Last edited:
I'd say Hilton and Thielen or Johnson but that's tough.

So are people dropping David Johnson from their leagues or is there any chance he'll make it back for meaningful games in the fantasy season?

So are people dropping David Johnson from their leagues or is there any chance he'll make it back for meaningful games in the fantasy season?

I hear Week 10-12 (?), which would only give you a few weeks of production before playoffs, and those are probably generous estimates for an RB wrist injury, though I'm unaware of any comparable injury off the top of my head. I'd probably say dump him, unless you have IR slots, even then its iffy.

I dropped him and picked up Jonathan Stewart (mehhhhhh) and am hoping for a good season from Dalvin Cook/Mark Ingram/Frank Gore. AKA not expecting anything much.

How is Stewart meh? He looked good and scored a TD. Ingram is worthless IMO and Gore's days are numbered.

Better question would be how is Stewart even available? 6 team league?

I wouldn't drop him. 1 he is a freak so I would not be surprised if he came back closer to the 8-10 week mark. 2, even if you don't want him I would imagine some other player would and would try to work out a trade for a younger guy with potential, like a mixon. obviously depends on if you are in a keeper/dynasty league.

Better question would be how is Stewart even available? 6 team league?

Great question. He was listed as the Week 1 starter.

He's a solid pick in any reasonable league. He's going to get carries. He's in split back formations with McCaffrey, even in the red zone.

If it were me, I would not drop Fantasy God, David Johnson, in any format. I like this response:

I wouldn't drop him. 1 he is a freak so I would not be surprised if he came back closer to the 8-10 week mark. 2, even if you don't want him I would imagine some other player would and would try to work out a trade for a younger guy with potential, like a mixon. obviously depends on if you are in a keeper/dynasty league.

Back