• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

I like your philosophy, but also think you're probably overvaluing him, especially because the DJ owner (and others) will probably shoot for Kerwyn Williams (or maybe Ellington). Our budget is $500, and I'm probably going to throw something like $53 out there and see if it hits.

I have serious issues in my main work league. Luck out, so I picked up Andy Dalton this week - smart, -3 points. Also starting Ajayi and J Rodgers at RB so ultra-thin there. Some dude proposed a trade for Brady for Michael Thomas. Should I have taken it no question? I tried to get him to sweeten the deal by including Rodgers and him adding CJ Anderson. He's currently considering. Other WRs are Hilton, Pryor, Tate, and Diggs, so I've got plenty of room there.

Trade fell through. Working on another potential with Diggs and Tate for D. Murray and D. Henry. No brainer for me? I think so considering Jaquizz is my #2 RB.

I hear Week 10-12 (?), which would only give you a few weeks of production before playoffs, and those are probably generous estimates for an RB wrist injury, though I'm unaware of any comparable injury off the top of my head. I'd probably say dump him, unless you have IR slots, even then its iffy.

Wait, what? Why on earth would it be "iffy" to stash him on an IR spot? I have him in a league without IR spots and I'm still considering keeping him. If he makes it back it will be right in time for playoffs and there's no one available on the waiver wire that is anything close to a replacement.

I'm not dropping David Johnson because I can keep him for a 6th rounder next year.

boondocksaints_nowhere.gif

Adrian Peterson vs NE or
Kerwynn Williams at Indy

Peterson was worthless last week but obviously he is capable of a lot and Hunt carved up NE. We don't know what kind of load Williams will carry but there's big potential there and Indy is godawful.

Adrian Peterson vs NE or
Kerwynn Williams at Indy

Peterson was worthless last week but obviously he is capable of a lot and Hunt carved up NE. We don't know what kind of load Williams will carry but there's big potential there and Indy is godawful.

Indy is awful and Kamara looked great last weekend. I think you have to go Williams.

I'd say Hilton and Thielen or Johnson but that's tough.

Do you think that Hilton can get the touches? Even before the fumble, 57 yards looked like a big stretch last weekend.

Couple of things:
No IR spot but I'm holding onto David Johnson
I'm starting Kerwynn over AP
I'm sitting TY Hilton until Luck is back

How is Stewart meh? He looked good and scored a TD. Ingram is worthless IMO and Gore's days are numbered.

He did, but it was against SF and I'm not sure he continues to get the same share in the backfield.

Better question would be how is Stewart even available? 6 team league?

Great question. He was listed as the Week 1 starter.

He's a solid pick in any reasonable league. He's going to get carries. He's in split back formations with McCaffrey, even in the red zone.

Everyone was bullish on CMC and that league has a short bench so people picked up a total of about 6-7 WR/RB. Not a fan of the format, but with the hype about CMC you can see why someone wouldn't want to waste one of the few bench spots for someone who might not be the starting RB (and still could see his share reduced if CMC continues to produce).

Wait, what? Why on earth would it be "iffy" to stash him on an IR spot? I have him in a league without IR spots and I'm still considering keeping him. If he makes it back it will be right in time for playoffs and there's no one available on the waiver wire that is anything close to a replacement.

The only league I have an IR spot in, doesn't allow you to drop a player from IR once they're on it, so you're basically saying that DJ has to come back and has to be in time to produce for you at some point. With the news that the Cards are "hoping" he's back by xmas (3.5 months, not 2-3 as was shared earlier), then it would be for Week 16 or 17, so odds are only for your fantasy Championship. That's risking a lot for 1 player when you very well could lose another starter that could come off the IR sooner.

Going to keep proposing trades until I accept one/someone here responds.

S. Diggs and G. Tate for M. Gordon. Would you do it? I need RB help bad, and have 3 other solid WRs (M. Thomas, Pryor, Hilton).

id leave that trade open and then maybe accept come monday/tuesday once more is known about Luck or you see how T.Y. does with Brissett on Sunday

Yeah, I just got this trade offer: I get Mike Evans for Tarik Cohen. This after I just picked up Cohen 2 days while 16th (last!) in waiver order!

You all need to play in better leagues.

You all need to play in better leagues.

Yeah, this guy is notorious for dumb trades. 2 yrs ago I got Lev Bell from him for Lamar Miller. (unfortunately Bell went down for the year a couple of weeks later, so I guess he might have gotten the better of that one in hindsight). By accepting this trade I probably jinxed Evans for taking advantage of his idiocy.

Last edited:
We have a guy like that in our league, but his primary goal is just to piss people off. He makes a trade that is one-sided, but not enough to warrant a veto and usually trades with whoever picks in the top 2-3 so it stacks a team. I think maybe he does it to get a share of the winnings, but the last couple of seasons there have been huge upsets in the playoffs.

I play with a bunch of assholes basically.

WTF

I get that maybe around week 8 or 10 if you're a twat, but week 2?!?!

He started out as the 12th guy to get us to a full league when I was commissioner, and he fully admits that he's going to stop paying attention at some point during the season or will be playing guys on BYE or are injured. I have been in favor of finding a replacement, but there is a sub-group of friends (including the new commish) whose wives work together and they all go to church together and hunting and basically everything I don't do. So no one wants to outright kick him out.

But that's the same group that I'm not participating with this season, so maybe its better that I'm the one on the outside.

Back